Bowne

www.bowne.com

Great pay, lousy management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBowne had a generally good work environment. Most co-workers were fine; some were excellent at their jobs and had been with the company 20-plus years. The pay was very good.

ConsManagement let the slackers get away with murder. My immediate supervisor had a horribly entitled attitude, and was quite "clique-ish" with a couple of my co-workers which made my immediate environment sometimes unpleasant.
In 2008 most of the staff was laid off because of outsourcing, automation, and financial problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementBowne has been taken over by another company. I would advise them to hire supervisors who pay attention to what is going on around them.

overall very pleased to work at Bowne

Account Manager (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Bowne

Pros: flexible, encouragement, interesting, ever changing Cons: not much room for growth, Advice to Senior Management: make sure staff is happy with what they are doing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not the best, not the worst....

Ex Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bowne

Pros: Hourly pay WAS above standard. Benefits WERE good. Cons: Crazy hours. Inept management. H.R. is pretty bad. Morale always… Advice to Senior Management: Sell to RR D while you can... No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Bowne.

Worked for Bowne? Contribute to the Community!