Bowne

www.bowne.com

It was very good in the early years (Till 2003) but last few years were pretty bumpy

Manager Technical Services (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsMostly people doesn't want to leave. Bowne family thing was very strong. Lots of learning opprtunities. Free parking, good benifits. I had some excellet bosses.

ConsVery conservative about new technology. Field I.T. had very little say in the matters. Outsourcing I.T. was a very hasty decision. Other employees were not happy by this moves.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis was a specialized business model. And earlier management were very close to the employees. But the new management has a disconnect with low level employees. If they bring back previous good managers and start from basic, it could turn out to be a very good company again.

The place where I learned everything

Project Coordinator (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Bowne

Pros: Learned a lot about systems and corporate culture at Bowne. Great mentoring from my direct… Cons: Career growth is difficult. A larger company, you have to wait your turn on line for promotion. Also, it helps to be part… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great pay, lousy management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bowne

Pros: Bowne had a generally good work environment. Most co-workers were fine; some were excellent at… Cons: Management let the slackers get away with murder. My immediate supervisor had a horribly entitled attitude, and was quite "clique-ish" with a couple of… Advice to Senior Management: Bowne has been taken over by another company. I would advise them… More

There are newer reviews on Bowne.

Worked for Bowne? Contribute to the Community!