Box

www.box.com
  www.box.com
There are newer employer reviews for Box

Best professional decision I've made yet

Current Employee - Sales in Los Altos, CA
Current Employee - Sales in Los Altos, CA

I have been working at Box full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Lots of smart people
-Energetic work environment
-Bureaucracy is non-existent
-Managers position you to succeed
-Great office space + employee perks

Cons

-Sometimes it seems management is inclined to hire industry rockstars from outside than from within

Be careful not to get too far from what made you successful as the company becomes more mature.

97 Other Employee Reviews for Box (View Most Recent)

I look forward to coming to work everyday - even with a commute from SF

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Los Altos, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Los Altos, CA

I have been working at Box full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people that work here are 'All Stars'. They are passionate with a history of success - Success in life, work, and outside activities. It is very motivating to work with people like this.

Box as a growing company continues to offer new opportunities to all Boxers. There is constant change, and it is invigorating to look back and see where we were a year ago and where we are today.

Box's Women's Network has strong executive support, and it's awesome to see such a strong female voice in a tech company.

Mentors are readily found outside of the immediate team. Boxers have been awesome about grabbing a cup of coffee to discuss career options, give insight into what their role is like etc. It is really neat the amount of transparency people are willing to give on their day-to-day job.

Cons

We are exiting our start-up phase and maturing into a enterprise company. Needed infrastructure to support our scaling company has created growing pains, but the overall process has been a huge learning opportunity.

Great!

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern - Sync in Los Altos, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern - Sync in Los Altos, CA

I worked at Box as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The most exciting time to be at Box: it's growing fast, gearing up for an IPO, but still small enough that the startup spirit is still there, and that you get to see the higher-level execs often. Charismatic CEO & CFO (Aaron Levie and Dylan Smith, the early founders) and COO (Dan Levin). Great collaboration between teams and across services in the company, and a lot of space to make your ideas heard.

Cons

Because it grew so fast, there is a lot of technical debt, a lot of things to fix, and, overall, a lot of work. Risk that the startup culture will gradually fade away. Food could be better, and the building is starting to feel small again.

My manager was great!