There are newer employer reviews for Box

Great People, Great Vision

I have been working at Box full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fast growing which is really exciting. By far greatest company culture and people I've been around professionally. If you want the opportunity to work with smart innovative people, Box is the place. Leadership has a real vision for the company.

Cons

Fast growing, which also has a lot of downside at times. As a result everyone wears multiple hats and everyone is doing multiple jobs. Can be disorganized because of hyper-growth.

Advice to Management

Perks and benefits are pretty competitive. Only advice is that the product itself can try to be too accommodating to our large range of customers and often suffers because of it.

reviews filtered by

Exciting, challenging work with lots of opportunities

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Altos, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Altos, CA

I have been working at Box full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I absolutely love this company.

- They've done an amazing job hiring people who are not only incredibly talented but also a blast to work with. The culture is focused and supportive.
    - If you have the ambition, there are opportunities to match it. I've seen people make entire careers here in the span of a couple years.
    - Empowering management style. You're trusted to exercise good judgment and make your own decisions.
    - Experienced senior staff. SVP Engineering ran Google Apps for several years and is extremely sharp.

Cons

- The company is growing extremely fast, so occasionally people get moved into leadership positions who shouldn't have been and it takes too long to move them out.
    - While people are empowered, they aren't always held accountable. The company has some growing up to do in that sense.
    - There is a lot of technical debt which can be pretty frustrating at times (but also means that most things are getting rewritten, which can be quite fun to do).

Advice to Management

- Act more quickly with poor performers in management.
    - Hold people accountable for their work.

2. Exciting market opportunity

I have been working at Box

Pros

Great company - people here are smart, enthusiastic, collaborative and want to make an impact.

Cons

Everything going very fast here

There are newer employer reviews for Box