There are newer employer reviews for Box

Gilded Age

Former Employee - Sales  in  Los Altos, CA
Former Employee - Sales in Los Altos, CA

I worked at Box full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Young start up atmosphere
- Close to IPO
- Awesome building interior
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Not too terrible of a product

Cons

- Complete atmosphere 360! Back in Palo Alto were the good old days when we were working together and felt passionate about the company...since the move to Los Altos it was all down hill from there
- Passive aggressive upper management. If you want to send a message to the team don't college roommate status write a note on your window by your desk.
- Lack of any job growth or promotions
- VERY POLITICAL especially for such a young company
- Everyone talks about how much they want to get out of the company which brings down the work moral

Work on hiring within the company and having a new VP bring in his/her good old crowd from their previous company.

Too many dissatisfied employees. It's a shame, Box had so much potential but has a terrible reputation in the Silicon Valley

91 Other Employee Reviews for Box (View Most Recent)

Great People, Great Vision

I have been working at Box full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast growing which is really exciting. By far greatest company culture and people I've been around professionally. If you want the opportunity to work with smart innovative people, Box is the place. Leadership has a real vision for the company.

Cons

Fast growing, which also has a lot of downside at times. As a result everyone wears multiple hats and everyone is doing multiple jobs. Can be disorganized because of hyper-growth.

Perks and benefits are pretty competitive. Only advice is that the product itself can try to be too accommodating to our large range of customers and often suffers because of it.

Exciting market opportunity

I have been working at Box

Pros

Great company - people here are smart, enthusiastic, collaborative and want to make an impact.

Cons

Everything going very fast here

There are newer employer reviews for Box

Worked for Box? Contribute to the Community!