There are newer employer reviews for Boy Scouts of America

Good experience working at summer camp despite very low wages

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lake George, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake George, CO

I worked at Boy Scouts of America

Pros

Working outside, room/board provided, strong friendships, working with kids, opportunities to advance (if you stay for a few years), attentive supervisors, ability to meet people from around the country or world

Cons

15+ hour days for those in management/supervisory positions, excessive paperwork, no flexibility in time off, often stressful environment, close-quarters with young staff may cause friction

Provide some flexibility to staff on time away, especially those in management/supervisory positions, up the pay for the younger staff

213 Other Employee Reviews for Boy Scouts of America (View Most Recent)

Crazy atmosphere, but got to meet some amazing people.

Former Employee - District Executive  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - District Executive in Omaha, NE

I worked at Boy Scouts of America

Pros

Community involvement is top notch. The volunteers are amazing. You get to do things and gain experience in areas you would never normally get to with a more mainstream company.

Cons

The time commitment is out of this world. The goals are unrealistic, and you are not given the option to fail. Steer clear of certain members of management....they can be very conniving and great manipulators. You will love them at first, but true colors always shine through.

I would take a long hard look at some of the cancers you have allowed to grow on the cabinet for the past ten years. These individual(s) can (and have been) very destructive to the organization. I think its fairly obvious who I'm referring to.

Not good

Former Employee - Community Scoutreach District Director  in  Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Community Scoutreach District Director in Portland, ME

I worked at Boy Scouts of America

Pros

Making a small difference in a community is very rewarding. Interaction with the kids is worth the time and effort.

Cons

Numbers driven organization that is more focused on profit than programming.

NA

There are newer employer reviews for Boy Scouts of America

Worked for Boy Scouts of America? Contribute to the Community!