Boy Scouts of America
www.scouting.org Irving, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

camp orr adventure

Dining Hall Staff/Steward (Former Employee)

ProsWe got to meet kids from all over the country and socialize with them. On our time off we could enjoy everything the camp had to offer.

ConsWe were often over worked and under paid. They started overcrowding the camp and didn't hire enough staff to run the camp efficiently. the majority of the summer we worked 16hr shifts with maybe an hour off.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the staff better or hire more help.

Camp is a great experience, but management is very political.

Aquatics Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Boy Scouts of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Extremely rewarding. Coworkers become a family. Cons: Very political, a lot of brown nosing will get you… Advice to Senior Management: Be more selective about camp administration. They have weeded out some… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great experience, but too political and low pay.

Summer Camp Area Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Boy Scouts of America as an intern for more than a year

Pros: Expand your knowledge of the outdoors and share with others.… Cons: Low pay, opportunity to truly have a lasting impact on… More
There are newer reviews on Boy Scouts of America.

Worked for Boy Scouts of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boy Scouts of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boy Scouts of America CEO Wayne Brock. All reviews posted anonymously by Boy Scouts of America employees.