Boy Scouts of America
www.scouting.org Irving, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

My 1st Career Move

District Executive (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

ProsA great 1st career move, with a supportive team and very growth oriented. I have freedom to manage my schedule. Overseeing many responsibilities keeps a District Executive busy and challenged. The field we work in is very rewarding and it gives me great pride to have a part in developing young men and women.

ConsIt could be very easy to lose sight of personal goals. 60+ hour work weeks with some mandatory weekends. not for the faint of heart, you must believe and live the ideals of the scouting program.

Great Caring Folks

Trading Post (Current Employee)
    San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Boy Scouts of America part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: We all work out of respect for each other. Cons: Having to work parttime only. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Absent of leadership and values.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Boy Scouts of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good pay and benefits, although they have been cut. Cons: No work/life balance. Ugly politics. Advice to Senior Management: In order to teach leadership skills to young men you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Boy Scouts of America.

Worked for Boy Scouts of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boy Scouts of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boy Scouts of America CEO Wayne Brock. All reviews posted anonymously by Boy Scouts of America employees.