Philmont is a great place to work

Former Employee - Seasonal Employee  in  Cimarron, NM
Former Employee - Seasonal Employee in Cimarron, NM

I worked at Boy Scouts of America part-time for less than a year

Pros

Able to fulfill charactor, learning, camping, adventure and public service for youth

Cons

There is a central control initiative for budgeting and policy which slows the field operators

Other Reviews for Boy Scouts of America

So far so good

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Boy Scouts of America part-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy job no complaints. The hours work well with my time with my family as well as the time I spend in my Scouter career. It is like I get paid to socialize.

Cons

Sometimes it feels that my store is the red headed step child. The things that I think are store policy are not, but make sense and should be. At times it seems like the store has to fight for things that are sensible while adopting things that are counter productive.

Listen to the concerns of your employees for improving the bottom line. Additionally, since satisfying the customer is job one doing what it takes should be the ultimate goal.

District Executives-4 Years Experience

Current Employee - Senior District Executive
    Current Employee - Senior District Executive

I have been working at Boy Scouts of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good job out of college because it will build your professional network to get your next job.

Cons

Terrible work life balance and little opportunity for real growth since the profession has been shrinking by 2% every year since 1971. The organization is very political and the pay per hour just decreases every year as the reward for hard work is more work.

Responsibilities need to be slimmed down for sustainability and real results.

There are newer employer reviews for Boy Scouts of America.

Worked for Boy Scouts of America? Contribute to the Community!