Boyd Gaming

Big Waste of Time

Former Employee - Surveillance Agent in Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Surveillance Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Boyd Gaming

Pros

Friendly staff. Light work load. Decent employee dining area. Lots of opportunity within the company to grow or transfer to another property.

Cons

Very poor middle managment. Supervisors lack training. No structure within the departments and no or little communication. Bottom ot the barrel industry pay scale and poor benefits package. No open door policy. I was not able to collect my acumulated PTO when I quit. I was denied health insurance after passing the probation period due to somebody in corporate failed to send out the insurance packet.

Teach your supervisors some basic supervisory skills. Middle management needs to take a more hands on approach than basically being an absentee director that’s not accessible to your staff.

88 Other Employee Reviews for Boyd Gaming (View Most Recent)

No good

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Boyd Gaming

Pros

Coworkers on the same level with you. We all know and share the burden of working at this company so we are all sympathetic to each other.

Cons

All kinds of responsibility yet no power to correct action we are supposed to be responsible for. Toughest action we can take against anyone breaking any rules is to ask politely if they would stop that. If you do anything but ask them to follow the rules you'll get reprimanded if they continue to break the rules you'll get reprimanded. Most floor just don't care anymore, we are told to S.O.S. See it own it solve it but it's more like S.I.W. now for most see it ignore it walk away. It's what the CSM do so why not the floor as well.

You make the excuse that some floor supervisors don't know what they are doing that why they can't take any action against rule breakers. If that's the case why don't you have training for that sort of thing?

To anyone who wants a job in the downtown area please do yourself a favor and avoid Boyd properties.

Great Company to Work For!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Boyd Gaming

Pros

The Company has a great reputation in the community and the culture is warm, friendly and comfortable. Senior leadership is incredibly competent and forward thinking. Can't imagine working for any other casino.

Cons

The only downside is market conditions, which has nothing to do with the company. As with everyone else, we'll be very happy when the storm passes.

There are newer employer reviews for Boyd Gaming