Nightmare

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Boyd Gaming

Pros

Easy job if you have common sense.

Cons

Quality of life is miserable...........hours, changing of shifts and always sweating you no matter how much you have proven yourself or how long you have been there.

Have a better screening process and hire better management.

Other Reviews for Boyd Gaming

Big Waste of Time

Former Employee - Surveillance Agent  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Surveillance Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Boyd Gaming

Pros

Friendly staff. Light work load. Decent employee dining area. Lots of opportunity within the company to grow or transfer to another property.

Cons

Very poor middle managment. Supervisors lack training. No structure within the departments and no or little communication. Bottom ot the barrel industry pay scale and poor benefits package. No open door policy. I was not able to collect my acumulated PTO when I quit. I was denied health insurance after passing the probation period due to somebody in corporate failed to send out the insurance packet.

Teach your supervisors some basic supervisory skills. Middle management needs to take a more hands on approach than basically being an absentee director that’s not accessible to your staff.

No good

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Boyd Gaming

Pros

Coworkers on the same level with you. We all know and share the burden of working at this company so we are all sympathetic to each other.

Cons

All kinds of responsibility yet no power to correct action we are supposed to be responsible for. Toughest action we can take against anyone breaking any rules is to ask politely if they would stop that. If you do anything but ask them to follow the rules you'll get reprimanded if they continue to break the rules you'll get reprimanded. Most floor just don't care anymore, we are told to S.O.S. See it own it solve it but it's more like S.I.W. now for most see it ignore it walk away. It's what the CSM do so why not the floor as well.

You make the excuse that some floor supervisors don't know what they are doing that why they can't take any action against rule breakers. If that's the case why don't you have training for that sort of thing?

To anyone who wants a job in the downtown area please do yourself a favor and avoid Boyd properties.

There are newer employer reviews for Boyd Gaming.

Worked for Boyd Gaming? Contribute to the Community!