There are newer employer reviews for Boyd Gaming

Great Company to Work For!

I have been working at Boyd Gaming

Pros

The Company has a great reputation in the community and the culture is warm, friendly and comfortable. Senior leadership is incredibly competent and forward thinking. Can't imagine working for any other casino.

Cons

The only downside is market conditions, which has nothing to do with the company. As with everyone else, we'll be very happy when the storm passes.

72 Other Employee Reviews for Boyd Gaming (View Most Recent)

I like it. Been with Boyd gaming for 23 yrs.

I have been working at Boyd Gaming

Pros

They have 13 properties nation wide. So, depending on where you want to live, there's a property near you(so to speak). There's 9 in Las Vegas,NV. And I think that's where most of the customers are.

Cons

It is very noticeable that there is favortisim from the bosses in the gaming area. The non caucasion and african american employees are felt shunned upon compared to the asian/oriental employees. I can point out mistakes and complaints from customers about certain employees
    and there is no reprimand. These employees continue to do things their way with no respect toward others. And I thought it was house policy for all to speak english in ALL public areas of the casino. But, these certain employees continue to speak in their language even inside the 21 pits. All day, everyday. And when I make mention that the policy is english only in the public area, I get some very nasty looks.

You REALLY do need to re-think the insurance coverage. It is horrible. I know that these are hard times for most of us, but come on, really? I do not have $1500.00 for a deductable, let alone 15 % for my Drs. visit. Just to go through the door for our insurance,get 1 x-ray, and 1 injection was $834.00. That's $381.00 going through the door, $100.00 for x-ray, and $178.00 for injection(cortisone), then the follow up visit is $175.00. If I had that kind of money, I wouldn't need insurance. What happened to the $200.00 deductables? What's the advantage to this so called "Advantage Plan"???? A cash patient gets a great break...through the door $125.00,x-ray $80.00, injection $100.00, and follow up $40.00. So I ask you, where's the advantage?

casino management

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Peoria, IL

I worked at Boyd Gaming

Pros

It was a great company to move up and gain knowledge. Opportunities presented themselves for those who work for it.

Cons

Turnover of core management is minimal once you reach a certain level there are no other available positions unless your willing to relocate out of state

Recognize talent when it presents itself. There are a lot of very capable individuals that would be great at fulfilling management roles.

There are newer employer reviews for Boyd Gaming