Boys Town has given me the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives.

Current Employee - In- Home Family Service Consultant  in  Omaha, NE
Current Employee - In- Home Family Service Consultant in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Boys Town full-time for less than a year

Pros

The organization truly helps families and children in many different levels by providing them with the strategies and tools they need to achieve social, emotional and physical well-being.

Cons

Salaries tend to be low. Hours on the job can drastically exceed the compensation.

Fix the disparity between work and compensation.

Other Reviews for Boys Town

Humility needs to start at the top

I have been working at Boys Town full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, helping families and children in need, working to fulfill Father Flanagan's legacy, the opportunity to work with like-minded people, rewarding, ability to see benefits of your work.

Cons

The structure at Boys Town is very rigid and does not allow for career development. I have witnessed employees who did not meet the qualifications of a position get promoted based on the fact they were a good friend of someone in senior management. There is hardly any accountability for managers and they (the ones I have been in contact with) take full advantage of this. As another review mentioned, I have also seen supervisors and directors become extremely defensive when an issue is brought up (instead of being open to talking about it and being solution-focused). In my time here, it seems as though the management takes the easy way out and tries to cover up problems instead of fixing them.

Humility and accountability needs to start at the top. Focus on the kids instead of the "business" of Boys Town.

Rewarding

I worked at Boys Town

Pros

People are very friendly, supportive upper management staff. great location, it has that homely feel to it. i really felt that i was making a difference in the lives of children served by Boys Town

Cons

kids could be hostile at times but like what we have been told: it's just the behavior.

keep up the good work!

There are newer employer reviews for Boys Town.

Worked for Boys Town? Contribute to the Community!