There are newer employer reviews for Boys Town

Data Entries, travel business expenses, Mileage, ACH deposit, unclaimed property, purchasing card and past due invoice.

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist  in  Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Boys Town full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Boys Town has been helping save children and heal families

Cons

manager wasn't go by company policy.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Boys Town (View Most Recent)

Management needs a change

I have been working at Boys Town

Pros

Touching the lives of the youth, coworkers, and good learning experience. Benefits right off the start. Orientation was very thorough.

Cons

Pay, little opportunity for growth, management is rigid and encouraged punitive teaching. Experience very dependent on home you were placed in.

Treat the low-man with more respect. We teach these kids social skills that much of the management lack themselves. Punitive teaching is encouraged by many administrators. Don't have a heart for the kids cuz your leaders will make you feel like you're too soft if you do. They make it all about the numbers and don't care how much you really impact the youth's behavior. They would rather all staff were robots. Pay it's awful for the stress involved. At least make some sort of incentive to stay and then you wouldn't have such high turn-over.

Overall not bad

Former Employee - Behavioral Health Technician  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Behavioral Health Technician in Omaha, NE

I worked at Boys Town full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company really does a great job of introducing the company culture and developing their employees from the moment they arrive. I have never been through a more thorough orientation, training, and onboarding experience. Also, the staff I worked with

Cons

The pay for many positions is quite horrible. The level of input and influence that entry level employees have with treatment was also frustrating. Technicians spend more time with youth in IRTC and STGH than any professional. However, we were not asked to provide recommendations or information beyond generic case notes. Tech positions are a turn and burn position and as a result I was never known as anything but "Staff" from the educators, therapists, and Sr. Leaders. The pay was poor, but not having a name was degrading.

Growth is also a concern here. There is not a clear career path to move up in the organization. Tech I, II, and III were the best you could hope for.

Lastly, you have a great model. However, there is more than one milieu to consult and implement. One size does not fit all. Kids come in the door and adapt to Boys Town. Unfortunately, they are not always given the skills they need to survive in an environment that is outside of Boys Town.

Increase opportunities to promote from within, utilize the resources you have available within, listen to and get to know your rank and file employees. Also, open your minds to a variety of treatment plans. So many kids are trained to only be successful within Boys Town and that is just not realistic.

There are newer employer reviews for Boys Town

Worked for Boys Town? Contribute to the Community!