There are newer employer reviews for Boys Town

Helping Youth and Families is my passion.

Current Employee - Family Consultant  in  Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Family Consultant in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Boys Town full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The work is challenging but very rewarding. Full benefits at hire. Lots of support from supervisors and many opportunities for growth including on-going training, educational scholarships, and educational reimbursement.

Cons

It's hard to keep things balanced some days. We work with kids and their needs don't always occur between 8 and 5. Some days are long, but it's the effort that makes things so rewarding. We get to see the kids and their families change and become better prepared for life outside of Boys Town. Working at Boys Town isn't for everyone. You must learn have a heart for helping others, be able to manage yourself in some stressful situations, and be wiling to put in the long hours which are sometimes required.

Keep growing and never stop looking for all we can do to help those in need.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Boys Town (View Most Recent)

Family Teacher

I have been working at Boys Town

Pros

Boys Town provides an overall experience helping children and families. Staff are dedicated to putting children's services and needs first. Boys Town also provides you with a lot of information to start doing your job.

Cons

Not much room to move up the company ladder. There is a lot of stress when it comes to being an employee working with youth and families. There are a lot of times that I feel that management was not empathetic to the situation that one was in.

Be more empathetic to employee's needs. Help Employees with their growth rather than just focusing on outcomes of children.

disappointing, not the job that was described at the interview

Former Employee - Family Teacher  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Family Teacher in Orlando, FL

I worked at Boys Town full-time

Pros

The kids that you are able to make an impact on give you hope. The benefits are good. You meet all kinds of kids who need guidance.

Cons

The management and their lack of support. The kids that are admitted on drugs. The 17 hour days everyday without help. The kids with criminal records are sometimes harder to reach.

Need to offer more support to employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Boys Town

Worked for Boys Town? Contribute to the Community!