There are newer employer reviews for Boys Town

Family Consultant

I have been working at Boys Town full-time

Pros

Boys Town is truly interested in enhancing staff members strengths, and promoting upward mobility. The behavioral model really works with families, and is easy to teach/understand. Our benefits are really good, too.

Cons

The work hours depend greatly on the schedule of the families that you work with. As a Family Consultant, you can plan on working many evenings and a weekend day.

Keep shining, and invest in year-end bonuses. :)

31 Other Employee Reviews for Boys Town (View Most Recent)

Helping Youth and Families is my passion.

Current Employee - Family Consultant in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Family Consultant in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Boys Town full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The work is challenging but very rewarding. Full benefits at hire. Lots of support from supervisors and many opportunities for growth including on-going training, educational scholarships, and educational reimbursement.

Cons

It's hard to keep things balanced some days. We work with kids and their needs don't always occur between 8 and 5. Some days are long, but it's the effort that makes things so rewarding. We get to see the kids and their families change and become better prepared for life outside of Boys Town. Working at Boys Town isn't for everyone. You must learn have a heart for helping others, be able to manage yourself in some stressful situations, and be wiling to put in the long hours which are sometimes required.

Keep growing and never stop looking for all we can do to help those in need.

Family Teacher

I have been working at Boys Town

Pros

Boys Town provides an overall experience helping children and families. Staff are dedicated to putting children's services and needs first. Boys Town also provides you with a lot of information to start doing your job.

Cons

Not much room to move up the company ladder. There is a lot of stress when it comes to being an employee working with youth and families. There are a lot of times that I feel that management was not empathetic to the situation that one was in.

Be more empathetic to employee's needs. Help Employees with their growth rather than just focusing on outcomes of children.

There are newer employer reviews for Boys Town