Boys & Girls Clubs

www.bgca.org
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Boys & Girls Clubs

Fun and exciting opportunity to be a positive influence to kids.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Boys & Girls Clubs

Pros

I enjoy being able to work with children of all ages. The athletics departments are most exciting; teaching kids how to play sports as well as proper sportsmanship and teamwork is fun.

Cons

Sometimes the children can be a bit overwhelming. You really need to have patience to work with large groups of different ages.

The leadership and BGC is great. It is heading in the right direction and I believe it will continue to improve.

267 Other Employee Reviews for Boys & Girls Clubs (View Most Recent)

The kids are worth every other problem that arises

Former Employee - Program Assistant in Southern Pines, NC
    Former Employee - Program Assistant in Southern Pines, NC

I worked at Boys & Girls Clubs

Pros

The kids! Sure, every time you work with kids you will have the ones that sometimes feel like a lost cause but none of them are, they are all truly worth every stressful moment. The kids are amazing! The coworkers are great too, such a family.

Cons

The management is very hard to deal with, while they are trying to help you grow they do it in a way that you feel put down.

Choose carefully how to address your employees and help them advance not only as a person but as a professional. I know that many students and people in general use the Club as a stepping stone to something else but there are many who would love to stay longer in the company but don't feel like they are welcome anymore or there is no place for advancement.

Highly dissatisfied with upper management, but employees make for a fun environment

Current Employee - Development Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Development Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Boys & Girls Clubs

Pros

Some good benefits, friendships within staff, satisfaction with mission

Cons

Upper management, communication, lack of respect for employees from upper management

There are newer employer reviews for Boys & Girls Clubs