Boys & Girls Clubs
www.bgca.org Atlanta, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A REWARDING PLACE TO WORK

National Headquarters (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Boys & Girls Clubs

ProsI have been with the organization for 7 years and have truly enjoyed my time here. The work pace is often hectic, but I have enjoyed the challenges and have grown my professional skills greatly. You can't find a better group of people anywhere!!

I find management to be more respectful of staff than in other places I've worked. BGCA does try to help employees create a job/life balance.

ConsBeing a non-profit, the salaries are not as high as in private industry. BGCA does offer good benefits that helps off-set the difference. With a new CEO in place, it will be interesting to see if the attitude toward 4 day work weeks and more telecommuting opportunites changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to make improvements in employee benefits, and readjust the corporate thinking with regard to commuting -- especially due to Atlanta traffic and high gas prices.

Working at the Boys & Girls Club is an awarding experience

After School Program Staff (Current Employee)
Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Boys & Girls Clubs

Pros: Role model for developing children Cons: Lack of flexibility in hours Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Wonderful way to help kids, and work with great people!

Recreation Director (Current Employee)
Jasper, GA

I have been working at Boys & Girls Clubs

Pros: You get to do a job where you really feel you are helping youth and the community. You get to see progress being made, and… Cons: You don't do this job to become rich. The compensation takes into consideration… Advice to Senior Management: Continue offering more programs for the clubs. Offer out-of-thebox programming that will work right away, and can… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Boys & Girls Clubs.

Worked for Boys & Girls Clubs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boys & Girls Clubs reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boys & Girls Clubs CEO Jim Clark. All reviews posted anonymously by Boys & Girls Clubs employees.