There are newer employer reviews for Boys & Girls Clubs

It is a great environment but the is not that much

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Boys & Girls Clubs

Pros

It is fun working with kid, get to go on a lot of field trips for free, and only work three hours a weekday.

Cons

You only get three hours a day, and depending on your site coordinator determines how much fun you will have

Advice to Management

be on time, make up fun activities for the kids, and try your best to get alone with your site coordinator

reviews filtered by

A REWARDING PLACE TO WORK

Current Employee - National Headquarters in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - National Headquarters in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Boys & Girls Clubs

Pros

I have been with the organization for 7 years and have truly enjoyed my time here. The work pace is often hectic, but I have enjoyed the challenges and have grown my professional skills greatly. You can't find a better group of people anywhere!!

I find management to be more respectful of staff than in other places I've worked. BGCA does try to help employees create a job/life balance.

Cons

Being a non-profit, the salaries are not as high as in private industry. BGCA does offer good benefits that helps off-set the difference. With a new CEO in place, it will be interesting to see if the attitude toward 4 day work weeks and more telecommuting opportunites changes.

Advice to Management

Continue to make improvements in employee benefits, and readjust the corporate thinking with regard to commuting -- especially due to Atlanta traffic and high gas prices.

Wonderful way to help kids, and work with great people!

Current Employee - Recreation Director in Jasper, GA
    Current Employee - Recreation Director in Jasper, GA

I have been working at Boys & Girls Clubs

Pros

You get to do a job where you really feel you are helping youth and the community. You get to see progress being made, and the type of employees attracted to this type of work are great, so you get to work with the best people. There is plenty of creativity allowed.

Cons

You don't do this job to become rich. The compensation takes into consideration that this is a nonprofit. You may have days with more stress than others.

Advice to Management

Continue offering more programs for the clubs. Offer out-of-thebox programming that will work right away, and can be adapted to individual club needs. Make it easy to come into this job and be successful.