Bracket

www.bracketglobal.com
  www.bracketglobal.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bracket

Very demanding work schedule and work load but great co-workers that stick together

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bracket full-time

Pros

Business never slows down. Opportunities for advancement exist if you are eager. Co-workers are great and everyone in general is helpful and tries to get the job done. There is a good feeling that you are working to help patients towards a better life

Cons

Business never slows down. I do believe salaries are lower than the average per position. work schedule can be very demanding with calls at all times of the day due to global clients. This is a job for dedicated and ambitious people

Get a real corporate culture. There is no feeling that upper management is trying to carve any identity for the company except that it is a vendor that provides services to big pharma

73 Other Employee Reviews for Bracket (View Most Recent)

Company has a culture of ignorance and an overzealous compliance ethic

Current Employee - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bracket full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive salary and I have no more pros to meet the 5 word requirement. sorry.

Cons

Developers are abused on all levels. They are the scapegoat when things go wrong. When a project manager complains, development managers institute a policy to keep them happy. When testing is not happy with the project (they actually have to work to earn their salary), Developers are told they are not doing their job PERFECT enough. On top of that, the company has a Quality Assurance department full of executive decision makers who wave their wands pointlessly creating SOP on top of SOP to make the company appear compliant. The end result is mounds of paper work and yes, it all goes to the Developer. Developers are made to track their project milestones in an excel spreadsheet, a sharepoint page, an in house bug tracking app, emails to their managers, emails to the project team, risk assessments, database specifications, design specifications. Many redundant documentation practices that invite mistakes. If you suggest this is a bit much, you are immediately reminded of the corporate culture of compliance. This is what should concern you when you realize this is the companies approach to compliance, it's apparent that they rely heavily on a buffer to keep upper management away from the true hard work. The redundant documentation serves the needs of people who refuse to query a database or ask their IT guy for remote access to data. Developers are over tasked! We don't complain. Every other department can but development keeps their mouth closed and pays attention to the demands from the unsatisfied testers and project managers. It is ridiculous being told that you should humor the tester asking you to do something that does not need to be done. It is beyond ridiculous seeing the poor grammar used by some of these testers and then having to abide by their demands just to keep them happy. Many testers latch onto this culture of anti-developer, they find reasons to complain just to throw more bad things our way to make our lives more difficult. There is an under current of developer hate at this company and it is disturbing. The testing leads are constantly gossiping as if this is high school. I've heard one say they hate developers. Is it no wonder corporate outings and company parties are short of developers? If you enjoy abuse, get a job here. Your esteem will flat line with time.

Stop appeasing Testers and Project Managers. Start respecting your Developers. They don't need all the redundant documentation. Mark my words: you will regret the redundant documentation soon.Teach your lazy management staff how to query a database. Quit writing a new rule every time a project manager whines about their job.

Listen to all the other reviews because they are true.

Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bracket full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- There are some people who are genuinely nice here.
    - If you know how to make friends with the right people, you will advance quickly.

Cons

- Middle and senior management is BIASED and SUBJECTIVE when selecting employees to promote.
    - Promotions are not consistent within divisions and are based on who you are friends with rather than on merit or quality of work.
    - Turnover is extremely high (around 1-2 years) and it is clear the company does not care for retention. They would rather hire another person to do the job half as well as you in a higher position than promote from within.
    - There are never enough resources to get the job done on time without every department getting very stressed out about it. Low resources also means low quality by-product and results.
    - Pay and benefits are horrible and at least 25% below competitor and market rates.
    - Leadership is unwilling to listen to our suggestions or complaints.
    - Morale is the worst I have ever seen at a company.
    - People will throw you under the bus to avoid responsibility or blame on projects.
    - Training is poor and lacking and everyone is too busy to help each other.
    - When reaching out for help, most of management is extremely condescending and unhelpful.
    - There is little to no communication between departments and it creates interdepartmental tension.
    - R&D launches new products without consulting the end users, namely project managers and developers. New product training is lacking and new products are thrown on us while we are expected to learn it on our own. Product feedback from the rest of the company are not acknowledged or considered.
    - Company is unprofessional and management does not promote professionalism.
    - There is no such thing as work-life balance here.

Promote within. Look at your current employees and promote those based on merit. Leadership needs to provide better training to train managers on how to be managers. Managers need to be the leading example of professionalism in the workplace. Re-evaluate salaries and market rates for San Francisco. Work with the company to communicate better interdepartmentally and to help each other grow. Hire more talent so we can support the amount of work we win from our clients. Focus more on employee retention and less on putting money in your pockets.

Do not tell us "shame on me" if you get involved with our company. Shame on you for not caring. This is your company and you need to be more involved to inspire us as your leader and to lead us in a better direction.

There are newer employer reviews for Bracket