Bradley-Morris

www.bradley-morris.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bradley-Morris

Moderate-Risk, High Reward Sales with a Purpose

Former Employee - Account Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Bradley-Morris full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Culture - work/life ratio is great. If you enjoyed playing HS sports because of the commeraderie and giving each other a hard time, this is a good cultural fit. If you didn't play HS sports, stop reading. This isn't the job for you.
Sense of purpose - finding jobs for vets
Compensation - 2nd year+ ARs make 100K at a bare minimum. The best make 200K-250K.
No dress code
Diversity is on the rise in the Austin office
Company trip - This year almost every employee that had been with the company for over 9 months attended a vacation to the Bahamas.
Live in Austin with time and money to enjoy it

Cons

Little upward mobility - you can make more money, but there are very few opportunities for leadership positions.
First year compensation - 60K is probably about average; the best make 80K.
High Turnover - Here's my honest take on this: You either have it or you don't. Why does the young AR quit after 7 months due to lack of success when the 2 year AR next to him/her is making 150K? He/She didn't exhibit the right combination of internal skills and hard work. There is no way for BMI, even after 3-5 interviews, to determine if a new hire will work hard enough and have the right personality for success here. It's unpredictable. BMI doesn't want high turnover, and this isn't a knock to anyone who didn't succeed. Those who quit will be perfectly fine in a different function at a different company.
Benefits package is weak - but you should have a dollar or two left over from the 150K on your W-2

Maintain the culture - Be prepared to leverage the military downsizing - Find ways to take market share - Find ways to differentiate yourself in the market (we look the same as Orion and Lucas to an outsider)

22 Other Employee Reviews for Bradley-Morris (View Most Recent)

Low-Risk, High-Reward Sales Environment with a Purpose

Former Employee - Account Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Bradley-Morris full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Sense of purpose - Helping companies understand the value of military talent. Also helping vets gain employment that is typically far better than what they would be able to access on their own.
    High compensation - ARs that simply do their job make 100K during their second year. The best make 200K+ with some having peak years at 250K.
    Great Culture - The harder you work, the more money you make. Therefore, if you want a day off, take it. Office outings during the week to restaurants, Top Golf, or Putt-Putt. If you enjoyed playing High School sports because of the camaraderie and giving each other a hard time, this is a great cultural fit. If you didn't play a HS sport, stop reading. This isn't the job for you.
    No Dress Code
    The win's feel really good. I made 20K in my last month on the job.
    Outstanding Leadership - I can speak only to the COO and the Austin operations managers. They're caring, dedicated, honest, and competent. I will miss working for them.
    Company Trip - Minimal performance standards to qualify. Basically, anyone who had been with the company for more than 9 months was able to attend.
    Diversity in the Austin office is on the rise. This is an environment where all are welcome.
    Live in Austin and have time to enjoy it.

Cons

High Turnover - Here's my honest opinion on this issue: You either have it or you don't. It's impossible for BMI hiring managers, even after 3-5 interviews, to tell you if you will be successful or not in this job. This is the reason for the high turnover. Those who quit within a year (when 2nd-year ARs next to them are making 150K+) simply did not have the personal skills to be successful. It's not the BMI's fault for giving someone an opportunity, and it's not BMI's intent to have high turnover. I'm also not knocking the value of anyone who didn't succeed as a BMI AR. This is simply not the job where they will be most successful.
    Career Advancement - There's very little upward mobility in terms of leadership positions. However, there is "unlimited" upward mobility in compensation.
    There is some "luck" involved - (but there's a direct relationship between hard work and luck)
    First year Compensation - Mediocre first year ARs make about 60K; the best make about 80K.
    Benefits package is weak - But you should have a dollar or two left over from the 150K on your W-2.

Maintain the culture - Fight for partnerships that will take market share - Find ways to leverage the upcoming military downsizing - Find ways to be clearly different from Lucas or Orion; we all look the same to an outsider

Fantastic place to work!

Current Employee - Account Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bradley-Morris full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial environment for those that are self motivated to make a great career. Work atmosphere is fun and competitive. They have the highest commission rate in the business. I would rather have a higher percentage of the money I bring in than a mediocre base salary and a gold star.

Cons

It take a few months to get ramped up. Once you break through, it is great.

They do a great job of not micromanaging on a daily basis. I can go to them with anything and know they will take care of me.

There are newer employer reviews for Bradley-Morris