There are newer employer reviews for Brainshark

My experience at Brainshark has been very rewarding

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Waltham, MA
Current Employee - National Account Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Brainshark

Pros

The Brainshark platform is hands down second to none in the on demand rich media space and our clients know it. That is why Brainshark has such a high renewal rate. The culture in the sales organization is one where working hard and working smart is rewarded. The quality of life as an employee at Brainshark is a good one. I have never experienced any sort of micro-management or a lot of the negative things described by a couple other posts on this site.

Cons

As an established yet small company, we are always trying to get to the next level in our evolution as a company. From small to mid-sized. And with that comes a lot of changes and re-organizations in the company. This can be very challenging every year to adapt to, but it's also a necessary evil that must occur to get to the next levels.

50 Other Employee Reviews for Brainshark (View Most Recent)

People are great sharks are not

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Brainshark

Pros

Good people in various departments make Brainshark a nice environment. However, the few good people left are far and few.

Cons

Top heavy, executives who sit in meetings all day and resulting in no production. Its a bit like highschool in that there are cliques and that gets old real fast.

Treat worker bees better and stop with the extravagent upper management "meetings" in Cancun and high salaries.

Poor Management

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Waltham, MA

I worked at Brainshark

Pros

The compensation package and benefits are great for a small company.

Cons

I was fired for asking for time off to take care of an ill child. Of course that is not the reason that Brainshark gave me for my termination. If you are a work-a-holic robot that doesn't mind being micro-managed, this is the place for you! Poor management is the best way to describe the corporate environment.

There is a lot of emphasis focused on the wrong things. Micro-managing is not a productive use of the management team's time.

There are newer employer reviews for Brainshark