Brickman

www.brickmangroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brickman

great crew

I worked at Brickman

Pros

friendly co-workers and management. Good equipment to work with

Cons

language barrier, lay off quickly during season

100 Other Employee Reviews for Brickman (View Most Recent)

"Not what it used to be" Not Recommendable. Gave it 1 star for the sake of the review

I worked at Brickman

Pros

Great Employees, benefits and its a job, that's about it.

Cons

I would not recommend my worst enemy to work for this company. They lack tact and communication skills. I have seen/heard workers being treated horribly and not given the tools necessary to complete their jobs. Workers have been here for years, still making the same salary which is about a dollar more than minimum wage...and they try to justify their gratitude by providing "barbecue parties." All I have heard is that Brickman is not what it used to be. As for the office position, trust me when I tell you...prepare to be overwhelmed for pennies on the dollar. Not worth the hassle or the stress.

Take care of your workers and they will take care of you. Take more pride in the QUALITY not just the quantity. Pay attention to the type of person you are considering as a manager...especially for a large branch. Someone who lacks social and communication skills has no business being a manager, especially when they do not hold themselves accountable for their own mistakes.

Hold On Tight, it is Going to be a Long Bumpy Ride

I have been working at Brickman full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you like a big company and structure we are about to get a whole lot bigger, doubling our company's size by buying Valley Crest. I have hard working people at my branch but the branch service quality and people quality vary a lot. We seem to fill most of our top positions with people from other companies so that is a bonus if you don't work here, it is a source of aggrivation for our people.

Cons

The last few years at the company have been very different as the Brickman family moved out of ownership. It is like we are on a roller coaster rride but the worst part is you do not know if your car is going to stay on the track. We got a new CEO and he has brought in all sorts of new people at the upper upper level. They will push mandates out to us and tell us how to do our job. It is pretty funny thinking that they know how to do my job when they never are on customer's properties. They also push cost cutting on us at the same time that they are zipping around the country in the corporate jet. Work life balance is a joke especially in snow season. The company gets all of that gravy but forgets to spread it around to us little guys.

We bought Valley Crest in July and a lot of my peers are really happy about that because they do a really good job and we were excited to think that we will actually merge with Valley Crest. We were let down a week ago when we were told that the head people who ran maintenance for Valley Crest did not get a single spot reorting to our CEO. I guess better together doesn't mean Brickman and Valley Crest, it means Brickman and Brickman or Brickman and anyone else. People in the company want a shot at these great roles and we are constantly getting looked over. Valley Crest people will need to get used to that.

Our customers do not like that we are now together as one company because they used us as price checks against each other. This just make us bigger not better. I am in this industry because I love working outside but I am afraid that the big company will be motivated by big bucks and cost cutting.

Walk in our boots for a day and get your butts off of the corporate jet. This is a real business with customers that demand a lot from us and we are asked to shave hours, shave hours, shave hours. Do more with less equipment. Spend time in the branches insead of sending a consultant.

There are newer employer reviews for Brickman