There are newer employer reviews for Brickman

great crew

I worked at Brickman

Pros

friendly co-workers and management. Good equipment to work with

Cons

language barrier, lay off quickly during season

92 Other Employee Reviews for Brickman (View Most Recent)

Corp USA

I worked at Brickman full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Big company, Pretty Good Benefits, you can learn a thing or two if you can connect/relate with the right people

Cons

Too large, Too Corporate, lost a lot of good people, culture change is not based on what the founding family believes in. Huge disappointment

Pay attention to the people that actually know what they are talking about (i.e., have experience) and actually know what they are doing...they may be willing to help you one day when you really need it. Lastly, stop giving crap raises and meaningless excuses as to why people are not getting them. People are not as stupid as you think.

Hold On Tight, it is Going to be a Long Bumpy Ride

I have been working at Brickman full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you like a big company and structure we are about to get a whole lot bigger, doubling our company's size by buying Valley Crest. I have hard working people at my branch but the branch service quality and people quality vary a lot. We seem to fill most of our top positions with people from other companies so that is a bonus if you don't work here, it is a source of aggrivation for our people.

Cons

The last few years at the company have been very different as the Brickman family moved out of ownership. It is like we are on a roller coaster rride but the worst part is you do not know if your car is going to stay on the track. We got a new CEO and he has brought in all sorts of new people at the upper upper level. They will push mandates out to us and tell us how to do our job. It is pretty funny thinking that they know how to do my job when they never are on customer's properties. They also push cost cutting on us at the same time that they are zipping around the country in the corporate jet. Work life balance is a joke especially in snow season. The company gets all of that gravy but forgets to spread it around to us little guys.

We bought Valley Crest in July and a lot of my peers are really happy about that because they do a really good job and we were excited to think that we will actually merge with Valley Crest. We were let down a week ago when we were told that the head people who ran maintenance for Valley Crest did not get a single spot reorting to our CEO. I guess better together doesn't mean Brickman and Valley Crest, it means Brickman and Brickman or Brickman and anyone else. People in the company want a shot at these great roles and we are constantly getting looked over. Valley Crest people will need to get used to that.

Our customers do not like that we are now together as one company because they used us as price checks against each other. This just make us bigger not better. I am in this industry because I love working outside but I am afraid that the big company will be motivated by big bucks and cost cutting.

Walk in our boots for a day and get your butts off of the corporate jet. This is a real business with customers that demand a lot from us and we are asked to shave hours, shave hours, shave hours. Do more with less equipment. Spend time in the branches insead of sending a consultant.

There are newer employer reviews for Brickman

Worked for Brickman? Contribute to the Community!