Brides by Demetrios

RESEARCH BEFORE APPLYING

Current Employee - Bridal Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Bridal Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Brides by Demetrios

Pros

* Receive comm. from EVERY sale
* Easy job
* Good hours 40 every week

Cons

* TOOOOOO much down time
* No health care
* No 401k plan
* Benefits SUCKS ASS

Follow your own advice!!! Don't tell us NOT to do something and go behind our back and do the EXACT same thing that you were complaining not to do. Your the leader so be one!!!! STOP discounting merchandise for unnesscessary reasons we need the full payment from these brides we are NOT a discount retailer.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Brides by Demetrios (View Most Recent)

could use some restructuring

I have been working at Brides by Demetrios

Pros

Company paid benefits for full time is great! The product is beautiful and of great quality, also in a great price range. Everybody is very friendly, even Demetrios himself. The pay is decent, but not for the amount of hours worked.

Cons

Procedures vary from location to location. Not very much consistency, and brides do not need to be lied to because something goes wrong. The staff in encouraged to get all bridesmaids dresses ordered 4-6 months before the wedding date, but yet they do not pay the vendors correctly so there are constantly holds on accounts causing these items to come in weeks before the wedding. Even after constant follow up it still takes weeks to get corporate to respond or release these items causing frustration on both the staff and the bridal party. This company could greatly benefit by hiring an outside source to restructure the business to make it more successful. They are very comfortable in their roles, and are loyal to the family aspect of things even if it is not the greatest fit for them.

Listen to your managers! We come to you for help because we need it, and when there is no valid response, it is frustrating. Also keep a full management team. It will make your business more profitable, and keep everything running smoothly.

Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Brides by Demetrios full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great selection of bridal gowns.

Cons

Mom and Pop business trying to operate as an International Corporation. No support for local stores from upper management

Upgrade the interior of your stores, listen to your local Managers needs, advertise locally.

There are newer employer reviews for Brides by Demetrios