Bridgepoint Education

www.bridgepointeducation.com
  www.bridgepointeducation.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bridgepoint Education

Frenetic, chaotic work environment lacking any semblance of an enterprise

Former Employee - Software Developer in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Software Developer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Bridgepoint Education

Pros

Lots of intelligent, driven and focused engineers.
Fairly exciting product line to work in with regards to the online/continuing education market
Company spends money on hardware/software as needed
Engineers get to pick Mac's or PC's as their workstations
Fast paced work environment

Cons

Complete lack of enterprise standards
Lots of interdepartmental politics
A lot of arrogant engineers that are extremely difficult to work with
Bizarre management layers - certain individuals are deemed as supervisors with 1 or 2 direct reports.
Incompetent upper management tier
Fast paced work environment

Hire engineers that understand what it means to work at an enterprise and take the company to the next level.

107 Other Employee Reviews for Bridgepoint Education (View Most Recent)

Took some time getting used to the product and types of students....

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education

Pros

If you are fresh out of college, it is a great place to work. Or.. if you are older and seeking some extra income for the family.. it is a great place to work. Since they did away with the matrix, the atmosphere has completely changed. It is a LOT of fun.. not kidding.. a ton of fun. We work hard but we play games, listen to loud musich, throw balls all around, and are caring on the phone with students and each other. Truly never worked in such a fun place where they want to make it fun for you.

Cons

If you have only B to B experience and are used to making money and having incentives for closing more deals.. it will be VERY frustrating. But if you really need a job, want to learn a new industry... and do not mind the pay.. it is a good place to work till you get a real job. The frustrating part is seeing kids on my team.. making 103K per year and are locked in at that rate. Crazy.. and so not worth it. Good for them though.

I think they are doing a fine job. I really think you need to stop feeding floor and OAP unassigned to your vets as most of them sit on their rears and wait for hand outs. Give those to the performers of the month, make them work for their money as I see a lot of them getting lazy. So what if they performed for 1-3 yrs, now they are not and are just taking hand outs. I know this is true as I sit with them all day. Nuts and unfair.

Decent Pay and Benefits, Free Education, But it's at a price

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education

Pros

The pay is good, the benefits are good, and you get a free college education. There are plenty of departments to move into if you hate your job.

Cons

When you're new its like being a freshmen in college. Cliques are already formed, the managers and directors dont really acknowledge your presence, they train you on the same stuff for hours, and they expect you to fail. If you succeed when you are new, people are surprised. If you want to get through the new phase your only choice is to put up and shut up. Expect to hear 7 different people telling you how to do your job and being totally confused as to what the right way is.

Hey Directors how about you come out of your office once just to get know your staff and not to be a hall monitor? All the directors claim they understand the job but yet they are so unfriendly. My director has had 1 conversation with me. She's only nice to the people who have been there for awhile and are top producers. Bridgepoint preaches caring but I have not met a single manager or director that has made me feel like they care. They talk the talk but they don't walk the walk.

There are newer employer reviews for Bridgepoint Education