Bridgepoint Education
www.bridgepointeducation.com San Diego, CA 5000+ Employees

Great intention, bad invention

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBridgepoint pays very generously, and the benefits are out of this world.

If you're not into accountability or feedback, this is the place for you. You can expect an automatic pay increase of between 2-5% every year, in exchange for losing the right to negotiate your salary.

Very casual environment, everyone just shows up whenever they feel like it, and no one keeps track of sick days or vacation time. We come and go as we please.

ConsThis company revels in its incompetence and covers it up with huge paychecks and benefits.

HR, training and development are a joke. The corporate culture there allows people to behave rudely without repercussion. There is no clear path for promotion or advancement. The few people who do get promoted tend to be friends of the executives.

If you need to get information or find someone to do something for you, good luck. It can take a whole day of emailing around to different departments before you find the right person, and the she'll tell you it's not her job.

Minor decisions and processes that should only take a day or two to get done will often get stretched out for weeks on end. It takes an act of Congress to get a project started, let alone finished.

There is no vision. No strategy. No long-term plan beyond "keep our accreditation, no matter what." As a result, the Legal department pretty much has veto power over every little decision.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so insular and talk to us. Show your face, instead of hiding behind your office door or in your private seventh-floor gym. We've gone for months without seeing you. Give us some kind of strategy or vision. 90% of being a leader is just showing up.

HAPPY TO HAVE A JOB

AR Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: You are guaranteed raise each year Cons: They have no problems lowering your pay if you change positions. HR… Advice to Senior Management: Make it a standard practice to promote from within and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

If you dont mind inside sales with outbound calling of their so called "warm leads" then its great.

Military Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than a year

Pros: -Training -Decent Pay for introductory/first time career -Fun atmosphere until the micromanaging… Cons: -Micromanaging -They say you are an enrollment advisor-its pretty much telemarketing -They only care about… Advice to Senior Management: Stop micro managing! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Bridgepoint Education.

Worked for Bridgepoint Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bridgepoint Education reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bridgepoint Education CEO Andrew S. Clark. All reviews posted anonymously by Bridgepoint Education employees.