Bridgepoint Education

Add Review

Great intention, bad invention

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bridgepoint pays very generously, and the benefits are out of this world.

If you're not into accountability or feedback, this is the place for you. You can expect an automatic pay increase of between 2-5% every year, in exchange for losing the right to negotiate your salary.

Very casual environment, everyone just shows up whenever they feel like it, and no one keeps track of sick days or vacation time. We come and go as we please.

Cons

This company revels in its incompetence and covers it up with huge paychecks and benefits.

HR, training and development are a joke. The corporate culture there allows people to behave rudely without repercussion. There is no clear path for promotion or advancement. The few people who do get promoted tend to be friends of the executives.

If you need to get information or find someone to do something for you, good luck. It can take a whole day of emailing around to different departments before you find the right person, and the she'll tell you it's not her job.

Minor decisions and processes that should only take a day or two to get done will often get stretched out for weeks on end. It takes an act of Congress to get a project started, let alone finished.

There is no vision. No strategy. No long-term plan beyond "keep our accreditation, no matter what." As a result, the Legal department pretty much has veto power over every little decision.

Advice to Management

Stop being so insular and talk to us. Show your face, instead of hiding behind your office door or in your private seventh-floor gym. We've gone for months without seeing you. Give us some kind of strategy or vision. 90% of being a leader is just showing up.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. HAPPY TO HAVE A JOB

Current Employee - AR Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - AR Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You are guaranteed raise each year

Cons

They have no problems lowering your pay if you change positions. HR needs to be evaluated and replaced with competent staff with relative experience.

Advice to Management

Make it a standard practice to promote from within and start with members of your own team.

2. If you dont mind inside sales with outbound calling of their so called "warm leads" then its great.

Former Employee - Military Enrollment Advisor in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Military Enrollment Advisor in San Diego, CA

I worked at Bridgepoint Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Training
    -Decent Pay for introductory/first time career
    -Fun atmosphere until the micromanaging sets in
    -Young corporate culture

Cons

-Micromanaging
    -They say you are an enrollment advisor-its pretty much telemarketing
    -They only care about the numbers-couldnt care less of actual student success other than the academic advisors.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing!