Bridgepoint Education

www.bridgepointeducation.com
  www.bridgepointeducation.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bridgepoint Education

A company that has values, but does not practice them.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Bridgepoint Education full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, pay (but only in some departments), and friendliness of most employees.

Cons

Lack of transparency, firings that do not make sense (I was not fired, but I saw many people who were), corporate greed, and bad upper level management (many people were promoted because they were just there, not because they were great leaders). If you work in a non-revenue generating department, you may be under paid.

Live up to your values, and stop putting money ahead of the well-being of your staff.

101 Other Employee Reviews for Bridgepoint Education (View Most Recent)

Great company!

Current Employee - Student Service Administrator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Student Service Administrator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, awesome co-workers, and willing to help.

Cons

A large company, sometimes can make you feel like a number

Great intention, bad invention

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Bridgepoint pays very generously, and the benefits are out of this world.

If you're not into accountability or feedback, this is the place for you. You can expect an automatic pay increase of between 2-5% every year, in exchange for losing the right to negotiate your salary.

Very casual environment, everyone just shows up whenever they feel like it, and no one keeps track of sick days or vacation time. We come and go as we please.

Cons

This company revels in its incompetence and covers it up with huge paychecks and benefits.

HR, training and development are a joke. The corporate culture there allows people to behave rudely without repercussion. There is no clear path for promotion or advancement. The few people who do get promoted tend to be friends of the executives.

If you need to get information or find someone to do something for you, good luck. It can take a whole day of emailing around to different departments before you find the right person, and the she'll tell you it's not her job.

Minor decisions and processes that should only take a day or two to get done will often get stretched out for weeks on end. It takes an act of Congress to get a project started, let alone finished.

There is no vision. No strategy. No long-term plan beyond "keep our accreditation, no matter what." As a result, the Legal department pretty much has veto power over every little decision.

Stop being so insular and talk to us. Show your face, instead of hiding behind your office door or in your private seventh-floor gym. We've gone for months without seeing you. Give us some kind of strategy or vision. 90% of being a leader is just showing up.

There are newer employer reviews for Bridgepoint Education