The people are not the problem, the system is. Good people, broken system.

Current Employee - Legal
Current Employee - Legal

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I know I would love my co-workers if I spent time with them outside of work. However, the system makes me dislike some of them because of what they are asked to do, not who they are. The pay is decent, manageable. I love being an exempt employee, I probably would not work here is I was asked to not be.

Cons

Since I have the job I do, I see all of the wrongs the university does as a whole, from a student's perspective. The system is definitely more valuable than the employee. I wish I would have worked here before it became a "public" company.

Get new management. I cannot stand it when the system is put before the employee, not a recipe for success.

Other Reviews for Bridgepoint Education

Great company!

Current Employee - Student Service Administrator  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Student Service Administrator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, awesome co-workers, and willing to help.

Cons

A large company, sometimes can make you feel like a number

Great intention, bad invention

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bridgepoint pays very generously, and the benefits are out of this world.

If you're not into accountability or feedback, this is the place for you. You can expect an automatic pay increase of between 2-5% every year, in exchange for losing the right to negotiate your salary.

Very casual environment, everyone just shows up whenever they feel like it, and no one keeps track of sick days or vacation time. We come and go as we please.

Cons

This company revels in its incompetence and covers it up with huge paychecks and benefits.

HR, training and development are a joke. The corporate culture there allows people to behave rudely without repercussion. There is no clear path for promotion or advancement. The few people who do get promoted tend to be friends of the executives.

If you need to get information or find someone to do something for you, good luck. It can take a whole day of emailing around to different departments before you find the right person, and the she'll tell you it's not her job.

Minor decisions and processes that should only take a day or two to get done will often get stretched out for weeks on end. It takes an act of Congress to get a project started, let alone finished.

There is no vision. No strategy. No long-term plan beyond "keep our accreditation, no matter what." As a result, the Legal department pretty much has veto power over every little decision.

Stop being so insular and talk to us. Show your face, instead of hiding behind your office door or in your private seventh-floor gym. We've gone for months without seeing you. Give us some kind of strategy or vision. 90% of being a leader is just showing up.

There are newer employer reviews for Bridgepoint Education.

Worked for Bridgepoint Education? Contribute to the Community!