Bridgepoint Education

My Worst Nightmare

Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education

Pros

There is a lot of room for growth as this is a growing company. Many positions are open and the people who work here are generally fun and smart.

Cons

The main point of my job is to "sell" education which they constantly tell you it's not a sales job. Your job is based on pure #'s and if you don't meet or exceed these goals you will either be given a paycut or eventually let go. you have 6 months to prove yourself but by month 2 or 3 if you are not "lucky" then you will start getting warnings and written up due to performance. Resources are distributed unfairly. If you are doing well, you will be helped to do better. If you are struggling, just expect to be pushed down further. This job is very stressful and not worth the pay. Nothing in my life has made me felt more worthless and low than this job.

Get more realistic expectations.

92 Other Employee Reviews for Bridgepoint Education (View Most Recent)

Great growth opportunities but severe lack of communication between departments and lack of formalized processes

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education

Pros

Lots of wonderful, smart people. The company has the resources of a large corporation, but is still growing. There many opportunities for those willing to step up. Pay is above average for San Diego. It's easy to make a name for yourself. It can be just a job, 9-5, or you can build a career here.

Cons

Poor communication between departments. Some technical groups are completely incompetent. If you know who to make friends with, it's easy to do your job, but there are difficult people in key positions

Establish better communication and clear, precise goals. Better review of internal procedures to figure out what's needed and what's not.

Bridgepoint Education

Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education

Pros

Bridgepoint is a young and growing company in which some people will achieve early advancement in their career. The organization as a whole offers a very appealing professional and collaborative culture. Many employees express pride in being part of a young organization with an entrepreneurial spirit that is also an emerging industry leader. Bridgepoint is an excellent place to start a career.

Cons

The Enrollment Department in particular is an incredibly competitive, often unnecessarily stressful environment. The culture in this department is performance driven with an unspoken "up or out" mentality. The company is also very growth oriented and favors it's sales force heavily over other departments. Employees in other departments often complain of having unrealistic workloads and a lack of resources. Many positions are underpaid for the educational and workload requirements expected.

I think the executive leadership at Bridgepoint has proven that they know how to grow a young company. The future seems bright for this emerging industry leader. I would like to see the corporate officers place as much emphasis on the quality of what we do as an educational instituition as they have on what we do as a business.

There are newer employer reviews for Bridgepoint Education

Worked for Bridgepoint Education? Contribute to the Community!