Bridgestone Americas

www.bridgestoneamericas.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bridgestone Americas

Good place to work

I worked at Bridgestone Americas

Pros

Great learning environment. Week long paid training was very fun and interesting. Good pay for an internship!

Cons

Hours can be very long

78 Other Employee Reviews for Bridgestone Americas (View Most Recent)

Horrible Company from the top down

I worked at Bridgestone Americas full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ability to advance is there.

Cons

Commonly interview for locations close to home and upon background check and hire, the company makes a habit to put you in a different location further and less convenient. Was hired for one position and put into the system as a much lesser position without explanation for two months. This bait and switch tactic happened with numerous other hires. Was not paid accurately for overtime worked. Was not given access to system to verify hours worked for two months. Worked at several locations and at each people were forced to work off of the clock by management due to under-staffing or direct instruction. Hostile work atmosphere and discrimination were allowed for over a decade at one location as were several wrongful terminations that culminated in at least one very successful large lawsuit -- yet manager was kept in place. Favoritism. You will be lied to about spiff, bonus and overtime structure and pay during interview -- in my experience I was being paid 2k less than what I was told to expect per month. H.R. intentionally avoided complaints and didn't resolve matters. Several people made reports and H.R. didn't even speak with these employees before closing the complaint and said employees were wrongfully terminated shortly after. Retaliation both at corporate and store level for reporting any illegal or inappropriate workplace conduct. Extremely litigious environment.

Stop lying to interviewees and new hires. Stop condoning illegal workplace culture. See above for the issues at hand and utilize business savvy to rectify said issues.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Akron, OH

I have been working at Bridgestone Americas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Really has a great employee appreciation program management is working on. There is a sense of appreciation amongst the employees. Typically, the only complainers I have run into do not know how good they have it. I mean how many companies have a corporate budget to better the working environment?

Cons

Too big of a corporation means disconnect in communication, but it seems to have getting better.

Get over your old ways of management, not only the youth coming out of college is different, the people working side to side expect change in management mentality

There are newer employer reviews for Bridgestone Americas