Bridgestone Americas

Getting irritated

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Akron, OH
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Akron, OH

I have been working at Bridgestone Americas

Pros

Some managers are good and fair. Some departments seem to keep workers challenged, but rewarded. Seems like a relatively stable company.

Cons

Evaluations are not always meaningful, depends on the manager. Promotions and awards seem somewhat random. The environment ncourages the image of competance, rather working together toward a common goal.

Advice to Management

Many of the older managers need to get over the "good ol' boys club" attitude.

reviews filtered by
  1. Love my job!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Bridgestone Americas

Pros

Very satisfied with my job and peers. Opportunities for advancement are abundant and management treats employees well at the corporate level.

Cons

Salary structure could use improvement. Very small raises are given each year - not really enough to cover COL increases so I'm actually losing money year year I work there.

Advice to Management

Restructure salary increase policy. You may be safe during this down economy, but once things improve you WILL lose your best employees to other companies that will pay better and reward employees economically.

2. Great company, but hard work.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bridgestone Americas

Pros

Bonuses and people. The benefits are also ggod and if you preform really well there will be trips and incentives that you cab get, other than that there is no reason to stay at a company like this.

Cons

No time for self, there is not a life-workplace balance. The stores are opened seven days a week and store managers are required to work every week-end and can not be off consecqcative days.

Advice to Management

I would tell them that the job is very stressful and they need to give managers more days off and more vacation time. The also need to increase salary and get more training for upper management.

There are newer employer reviews for Bridgestone Americas