Briggs & Stratton

www.briggsandstratton.com

IT department is 10-15 years behind the market

IT Resource (Former Employee) Wauwatosa, WI

ProsMost of them are very nice people to work with. Work and life has a great balance. Newly done cafetaria in corp office is cool. Decent paid time off and good benefits.

ConsIT leadership has no vision, some directors have not written a single line of code in their life and they proudly flaunt it so don't understand the pain of IT resource. More interested in defining startegies and keep changing them every 6-12 months and does not include business folks in discussions. IT has no respect in the eyes of business. Its like a dead dept. Tools and technolgies are way behind the market like 10-15 years, no trainning is provided to doers, its like expolore on ur on :-) sure. No business analyst in the dept. Same resource is supposed to play mulitple role like a developer, or a tester or BA or support. Its not a place for young dynamic and enthusiastic people for sure. Promotion is very easy if u r good at sugar coating but if u r hardworking and result oriented forget about it. Some of the managers are not even qualified by education for the job. (Not even bachelor degree)

Advice to Senior ManagementYou keep saying putting right people in right job and I doubt anybody sees it that way. People are not being looked as human being but rather as a resource. Need to invest in technolgies and need to take care of people rather than stock price.

Above Average

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Briggs & Stratton

Pros: It is a very comfortable place to work, longer deadlines then you would expect, it is not a… Cons: Very behind the times on technology, lower pay then the… More

Good place for a stable job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Briggs & Stratton

Pros: Briggs is an expanding company with a lot of growth… Cons: Pays lower than the average. But they take care of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Briggs & Stratton.

Worked for Briggs & Stratton? Contribute to the Community!