Briggs & Stratton

Unclaimed Profile
Add Review

B&S Lacking Leadership...

I have been working at Briggs & Stratton

Pros

Low level of accountability for those individuals not wanting to prioritize careers. Onsite medical clinic. Many friendly people in an environment that offers freedom to spend time conversing and developing relationships.

Cons

Employees have low morale and trust in senior management, which is based on failure of actions to match the rah-rah message that is consistently delivered. Employees not truly valued. Very few true leaders amongst all levels of management. Career growth based on time served and like mindedness with managers. Progressiveness and challenging of traditional methods, thoughts and processes not encouraged, and is career limiting.

Advice to Management

Begin creating culture change. Set expectations, challenge employees and cut-bait when they don't perform. Streamline organization by increasing authority of mid-level managers, drive decision making and accountability. Listen to what people are actually saying rather than just trying to talk a good story.

reviews filtered by

If you have been a bad person and need to be punished, go work at Briggs

I worked at Briggs & Stratton

Pros

The manager I worked for was intelligent and thankfully provided me with great learning opportunities that other (much better) companies were interested in.

Cons

I didn't fit the culture and was being pushed out the door. Getting forced to quit a job is one of the worst experiences to go through. I know it happens all the time, but I still haven't got used to it.

Advice to Management

Stop writing page long arguments in the Milwaukee Journal defending your poor decisions. Get your priorities straight. Invest in engineering and not a Briggs and Stratton Museum. Establish a long term plan. Stop being so arrogant - your company is dying a slow death. Start cleaning up the polluted lake so when Briggs eventually turns into condos, the residents will have nice area to relax and tan in the summer.

2. machine operator

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, KY

I worked at Briggs & Stratton part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours for college students anf good starting pay, bosses were easy to work with and I liked my coworkers

Cons

The job is very boring and upper management doesn't always know what is practical on the floor when they set new rules

Advice to Management

Try to talk with employees on the lines before making changes but overall worki mg at briggs was a very positive experience for me