Briggs & Stratton

www.briggsandstratton.com

B&S Lacking Leadership...

ProsLow level of accountability for those individuals not wanting to prioritize careers. Onsite medical clinic. Many friendly people in an environment that offers freedom to spend time conversing and developing relationships.

ConsEmployees have low morale and trust in senior management, which is based on failure of actions to match the rah-rah message that is consistently delivered. Employees not truly valued. Very few true leaders amongst all levels of management. Career growth based on time served and like mindedness with managers. Progressiveness and challenging of traditional methods, thoughts and processes not encouraged, and is career limiting.

Advice to Senior ManagementBegin creating culture change. Set expectations, challenge employees and cut-bait when they don't perform. Streamline organization by increasing authority of mid-level managers, drive decision making and accountability. Listen to what people are actually saying rather than just trying to talk a good story.

Good place to work

Product Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Briggs & Stratton

Pros: Good management, smart company, growing & spending on product development… Cons: Threat from overseas competitors products Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you have been doing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

If you have been a bad person and need to be punished, go work at Briggs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Briggs & Stratton

Pros: The manager I worked for was intelligent and thankfully provided me… Cons: I didn't fit the culture and was being pushed out the door. Getting forced to quit a job is one… Advice to Senior Management: Stop writing page long arguments in the Milwaukee Journal defending your poor decisions. Get your priorities straight. Invest in engineering and not a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Briggs & Stratton.

Worked for Briggs & Stratton? Contribute to the Community!