B&S Lacking Leadership...

I have been working at Briggs & Stratton

Pros

Low level of accountability for those individuals not wanting to prioritize careers. Onsite medical clinic. Many friendly people in an environment that offers freedom to spend time conversing and developing relationships.

Cons

Employees have low morale and trust in senior management, which is based on failure of actions to match the rah-rah message that is consistently delivered. Employees not truly valued. Very few true leaders amongst all levels of management. Career growth based on time served and like mindedness with managers. Progressiveness and challenging of traditional methods, thoughts and processes not encouraged, and is career limiting.

Begin creating culture change. Set expectations, challenge employees and cut-bait when they don't perform. Streamline organization by increasing authority of mid-level managers, drive decision making and accountability. Listen to what people are actually saying rather than just trying to talk a good story.

Other Reviews for Briggs & Stratton

If you have been a bad person and need to be punished, go work at Briggs

I worked at Briggs & Stratton

Pros

The manager I worked for was intelligent and thankfully provided me with great learning opportunities that other (much better) companies were interested in.

Cons

I didn't fit the culture and was being pushed out the door. Getting forced to quit a job is one of the worst experiences to go through. I know it happens all the time, but I still haven't got used to it.

Stop writing page long arguments in the Milwaukee Journal defending your poor decisions. Get your priorities straight. Invest in engineering and not a Briggs and Stratton Museum. Establish a long term plan. Stop being so arrogant - your company is dying a slow death. Start cleaning up the polluted lake so when Briggs eventually turns into condos, the residents will have nice area to relax and tan in the summer.

Short but intense. Learned a lot in a short time.

I worked at Briggs & Stratton as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good people, food and parties for special occasions. Challenging work, but plenty of support from coworkers and supervisors. Lots of different tasks.

Cons

Learning all the corporate applications and how to support them for a large worldwide company with many thousands of employees and many different hardware platforms.

Less re-organizations.

There are newer employer reviews for Briggs & Stratton.

Worked for Briggs & Stratton? Contribute to the Community!