Brigham Young University (BYU)

www.byu.edu
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Brigham Young University (BYU)

I am fortunate to work with great students and teach subjects that I really love.

Current Employee - Professor in Provo, UT
Current Employee - Professor in Provo, UT

I have been working at Brigham Young University (BYU) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very bright students, great physical facilities and computers, supportive colleagues, fairly good technical support, freedom to develop course content, encouragement toward personal and professional growth

Cons

Capricious departmental leadership, over emphasis on student evaluations, some stifling of dissent, hypocritical "support" for teaching but true evaluation based on scholarship,

Be more careful to ensure that department chairs receive training on how to administer an academic department, based more on consensus than on top-down fiat.

535 Other Employee Reviews for Brigham Young University (BYU) (View Most Recent)

As a student this is a great job.

Current Employee - Assistant Electrician in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Assistant Electrician in Provo, UT

I have been working at Brigham Young University (BYU) part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

On the job training and they work with your schedule once you get seniority

Cons

Construction labor that helps my career none.

Find a way to keep your employees on task, there is so much waste at BYU.

Great learning experience

Current Employee - Web Developer in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Provo, UT

I have been working at Brigham Young University (BYU) part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The environment helps me learn new skills and the people are great. People here are very friendly. The challenges I faced allowed me to expand my understanding. My employer and coworkers are very easy to get along with. I set my own hours every four months and I can adjust them when necessary.

Cons

The culture here is obviously centered around the LDS Church and everyone who works here has to abide by the standards of the church. This could be seen as a con by some people.

There are newer employer reviews for Brigham Young University (BYU)