Brigham Young University (BYU)
www.byu.edu Provo, UT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Difficult Bureaucracy and Low pay

Translator (Current Employee)
Provo, UT

ProsIf you enjoy working in a religious environment where you can generally trust others, then this is the place for you.

ConsThe pay here is pitiful, and there are few chances for significant growth. The upper level of management places a stranglehold on creativity and flexibility. It is extremely difficult to make any beneficial changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake an effort to streamline processes and requests. There is so much control over every single issue that it is difficult to get anything done.

Helps with course development, teaching, grading. Also presents information to students on a regular basis.

Teaching Assistant (Current Employee)
    Provo, UT

I have been working at Brigham Young University (BYU)

Pros: Great exposure to new ideas and prestige of working for an educational institution that's one of the best in the world.… Cons: As with any other job in the education world,… Advice to Senior Management: Leadership at the local level is very good in that we communicate well with the Dean of the department. The feeling all around campus… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good, not great place to work.

Computer Technician (Current Employee)
    Provo, UT

I have been working at Brigham Young University (BYU)

Pros: Job security. Once you are in, it is very difficult for you to lose your job. There are also good… Cons: Bureaucracy. Decisions have to go through a plethora of people… Advice to Senior Management: Streamline decisions and get feedback from lower personnel regarding big… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Brigham Young University (BYU).

Worked for Brigham Young University (BYU)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brigham Young University (BYU) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brigham Young University (BYU) CEO Cecil O. Samuelson. All reviews posted anonymously by Brigham Young University (BYU) employees.