There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Call Center in Broomfield, CO
Former Employee - Call Center in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They really make you feel appreciated. I have never worked for a company that actually cared for their employees. We were always being thanked. Sometimes we worked hard, and dealt with a lot of cranky people. Everyone smiles at you at the call center. Management were not dictators, they did their best to ensure you were successful. They reward their employees, and were always reminding employees they are doing a good job. I had fun with my co-workers-i still talk to them. Benefits were wonderful. I really liked management and my co-workers. This company continues to grow so you will not see any layoffs. When I left they hired a good amount of people. Its because the company is growing, not because people leave. Sometimes I struggled but management helped me achieve success. There is room to grow! Depending on your position and shift you might get holidays, weekends and evenings off. if i did not leave the state I would still be working for Bright Horizons!

Cons

They want to make sure you stay so vacation & sick time accumulate slowly. You might have to work evening, holidays, and weekends (depends on your position and shift) I worked a few bad shifts. However they do their best to give you the schedule that you want. Its a call center so you have strict quotas to meet. But its a business so understand they have to maintain working relationships with many clients.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed that you wanted your employees to be 100% trained. I also liked that your management were very nice, competent and helpful. I appreciated the Heart principles. I did wish that we got paid more. That would be my only complaint.

Other Employee Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

great entry-level company that offers opportunities and growth

Former Employee - Toddler Teacher in Monmouth Junction, NJ
    Former Employee - Toddler Teacher in Monmouth Junction, NJ

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

offer CDA as part of being an employee, lot's of room to move up in company

Cons

each center is different so it's tough to say what the cons are for any particular place. as is the case for any daycare, compensation is low

Underpaid, underappreciated, and overworked

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid vacation, sick time, training, medical (if you can afford it)

Cons

Terrible pay with little opportunity for pay rises and advancement despite their talked about commitment to the advancement of their employees. I worked there for three and a half years and made only 1.25 more per hour when I left than when I first started and it was only this much as I had at one point received an additional education raise.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well and they will stay around and committed to the company longer. Could help mitigate some of the high turnover that continually plagues this organization.