Bright Horizons Family Solutions

There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Great experience

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher
Current Employee - Substitute Teacher

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions part-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay, fun atmosphere, hour lunch break, great management

Cons

You get switched classrooms a lot

241 Other Employee Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions (View Most Recent)

Teacher

Current Employee - Preschool Teacher  in  Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Preschool Teacher in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

the kids are always nice and believe it or not, some of the parents really do see what is happening, and eventually they pull the kids out.

Cons

Management is absolutely horrible and lazy. Management rarely made themselves visible in the classrooms and were never around to help out. You had to page the front desk to get a restroom break (can't leave because of ratio) and sometimes it would take 20-25 mins for management to get to your room. Often management is found sitting at the front desk on the computer just killing time. I was rarely greeted with a hello or goodbye when walking by management at the front desk. If you ever try to move up to a management position it is next to impossible. The pay is horrible especially if you have a college degree. Also you may be scheduled to work 8-5 but not leave until 5:45/6:00 because of ratio so it is hard to balance work and life.

Get a real professional people to do the job.

If you like working in childcare, it is a great place.

Current Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have given me opportunities to work up and get experience for possible higher positions. The benefits are very good. They are a well run company that seem to care about the kids, families, and employers.

Cons

They pay about average for childcare jobs in town. Childcare doesn't usually pay well though and won't pay well until you get into high management.

I wish they were a little more organized but I think that's just certain centers, not a company wide issue.

There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Worked for Bright Horizons Family Solutions? Contribute to the Community!