Bright Horizons Family Solutions

There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Watertown, MA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great atmosphere! Great people! Fantastic working environment! The company really cares about its employees. And we take of children, whether directly or indirectly, and it makes going to work every day a joy and a worthwhile endeavor.

Cons

The pay is below going market rates. That's really the only problem with the company. It's a fantastic place to work and the people are really exemplary.

Make pay more competitive for salaried employees

275 Other Employee Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions (View Most Recent)

Claims to be top of the line, but really isn't.

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Friendly
    - Love the families
    - Fun at times
    - Supportive for the most part

Cons

- Scrambling every day to get paperwork done for NAEYC, Curriculum, Conferences, Documentation, Day to day things
    - We really need a fourth teacher, but we barely make it with three. If I'm not doing paperwork, I'm cleaning up or preparing for something. I rarely get that quality time with the children and it shows.
    - I'm walking on eggshells because there goes my job if I mess up. What's worse is I'm the lead teacher! Everyone says they're there for one another, but really they're there to take over your position if you get fired. Honestly its everyone for themselves. Can be very stressful at times.

Pay your teachers better, or better yet - take our salary for a week or even a month THEN ask yourself can you really survive in the bay area with our pay? You'll realize that you can't. Don't ask why did a teacher leave when they're so good with the children. You could have kept them had you paid them better wages.

Know when your staff is getting burnt out because that's another reason they will want to leave.

Great Company!

Current Employee - Preschool Teacher in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Preschool Teacher in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pleasant work environment, Lots of support and encouragement from Administration, Great kids and involved parents, clean, and nicely decorated classroom, also really great resources for the teachers and kids!

Cons

My only real cons are the benefits, they do not start until 60 days after employment, and you can not transfer out until 1 year of employment at your original center/

Keep up the good job!