Bright Horizons Family Solutions

There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

The Children Were Great

Current Employee - Teacher in Uncasville, CT
Current Employee - Teacher in Uncasville, CT

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some friendly employees. Rewarding to work with children. I usually had a supervior that worked with my home life schedule.

Cons

Very disorganized admin. Not really ever recognized for the work that I put in over and above my job description.

Treat employees with more respect.

307 Other Employee Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions (View Most Recent)

good place to work as long as new people to work and learn from

Former Employee - Child Care Teacher in Franklin, MA
    Former Employee - Child Care Teacher in Franklin, MA

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

the best part is meeting and connecting with parents and children, room to personally grow with in the company.

Cons

new staff all the time, they discredit you when you say something
    there heart principles are one sided only for the company benefit. For what they charge per child and what each center has to offer for materials etc. Relating to each staff member when a new director comes along with a new regional manger change always happens, out with the old and in with the new.

An ok place to work.

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Pros

The teachers really do love the children. You are given the supplies you need to do your job and the insurance is good.

Cons

The teachers had to spend more time doing paperwork and documentation boards than interacting with the children. Less paperwork would have made the job better. The pay is low but that is almost expected in childcare.

My advice would be to back off a little bit on the paperwork, documentation boards, and portfolios for the teachers. That would give us a little more time to spend interacting with the children. Also, with the amount of tuition the parents are paying to send their children to school the teachers could be paid better.

There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions