Bright Horizons Family Solutions

www.brighthorizons.com
  www.brighthorizons.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Administration is out of touch with teachers. Terrible management, unorganized and ignores licensing requirements.

Current Employee - Teacher in Coconut Creek, FL
Current Employee - Teacher in Coconut Creek, FL

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Teachers and Parents are wonderful, hardworking and caring people. We are a family. We babysit for our families outside of school and care for the children. It is so hard to have to keep this all from them

Cons

Children get the wrong lunches, wrong parents are I called to pick up sick children, rooms run at over licensing requirements, staff is over worked, not given timely bathroom breaks, private files are not locked away and it's all about MONEY. Get those rooms filled to capacity, and even over capacity if that brings the enrollment in. Remember, we NEVER say no even if it's against licensing requirements. How am I to keep children safe when administration routinely puts more children in my classroom than is allowed? My message to the current administration- GET A CLUE!!!!

Read the cons. Get a new regional manager and director. The school needs more than a director who serves as a "Walmart greeter". The school needs a director who knows what's going on and a regional manager who isn't afraid to hire a director who might not always see things her way.

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Response

Mar 31, 2014Corporate Recruitment Assistant

The safety of our children is our utmost concern. The issues you have raised are important, and we appreciate you bringing them to our attention. Any concerns about potential violations should be ... More

253 Other Employee Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions (View Most Recent)

BHFS Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Family Like Environment, Teacher Appreciation Week, You have opportunities to grow if you qualify for your desired position, [(Pros for children education)- They are very strict concerning degrees; they encourage they teacher to pursue degrees, Alot of teacher positions require you to have a degree or to be enrolled in college.], Basically, it can be a, not excellent BUT, good company to work for.

Cons

High Staff Turnover sometimes, Overtime, Sometime Daily Staffing issues, Sometimes Over-worked, You have to learn the Bright Horizons Family Solutions Culture if you are not familiar with it (But once you learn it, you become comfortable with it). Some employee can be mean to new comers, but others, like me, are very welcoming.

Bright Horizons should do the TV reality show Undercover Boss so management can get an insight of what their employees go through on a daily basis; Maybe some good changes will be the result doing the show. BHFS' employees are not just regular childcare employees, BHFS gives one Teacher Appreciation week for our 365 days of HARD WORK (sometimes including saturday). Teacher Appreciation week is great, BUT, it would be nice for part-time workers to get paid time off. It would also be great for floaters to be acknowledge by BHFS and parents. During Teacher Appreciation Week, the floaters get the least appreciation because the parents only appreciate their child's teacher. Each primary teacher receives some type of appreciation from her family group of children (even if it is just a simple and heart-felt hug and thank you); therefore, the floaters are left out a lot. Parents and Management do not realize it is the floaters that know every child's personality in the center, and every child is familiar with the center's floaters.

An ok place to work

Current Employee - Toddler Teacher
    Current Employee - Toddler Teacher

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have Decent pay. Areas to advance in the company. Have some good people to work with but there can be drama at times.

Cons

Sometimes seem like they care more about what the center looks like than safety of the children and how things are going to work in the rooms.

There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions