There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Administration is out of touch with teachers. Terrible management, unorganized and ignores licensing requirements.

Current Employee - Teacher in Coconut Creek, FL
Current Employee - Teacher in Coconut Creek, FL

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Teachers and Parents are wonderful, hardworking and caring people. We are a family. We babysit for our families outside of school and care for the children. It is so hard to have to keep this all from them

Cons

Children get the wrong lunches, wrong parents are I called to pick up sick children, rooms run at over licensing requirements, staff is over worked, not given timely bathroom breaks, private files are not locked away and it's all about MONEY. Get those rooms filled to capacity, and even over capacity if that brings the enrollment in. Remember, we NEVER say no even if it's against licensing requirements. How am I to keep children safe when administration routinely puts more children in my classroom than is allowed? My message to the current administration- GET A CLUE!!!!

Advice to Management

Read the cons. Get a new regional manager and director. The school needs more than a director who serves as a "Walmart greeter". The school needs a director who knows what's going on and a regional manager who isn't afraid to hire a director who might not always see things her way.

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Response

Mar 31, 2014 – Corporate Recruitment Assistant

The safety of our children is our utmost concern. The issues you have raised are important, and we appreciate you bringing them to our attention. Any concerns about potential violations should be ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. One of the best companies to work for!

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked with Bright Horizons for ten years. I left the company to pursue a position for a privately owned company, and after being gone for a year, I had to come back. Once you have worked for such a great company, that values their employees it is hard to find companies that compare.

Cons

Cannot think of any negatives!

2. Successful- a lot of growth opportunities

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Pros

Professional, well run company, strives to provide high quality care for working professionals

Cons

long hours, staffing issues, needs more center support