Bright Horizons Family Solutions

www.brighthorizons.com
  www.brighthorizons.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

All hail the mighty dollar.

Former Employee - Teacher in Uncasville, CT
Former Employee - Teacher in Uncasville, CT

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent scheduling flexibility. Cool kids.

Cons

Blatant favoritism of certain employees. Undereducated administration with little knowledge of child development. No opportunity for advancement or professional development.

Children with unidentified special needs routinely fell through the cracks due to administration's lack of knowledge, reluctance to make appropriate referrals, and fear of losing enrollment.

Aug 20, 2014Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback--it's important to our culture, and our growth that we maintain open and honest communication with our employees. We're sorry to hear that your ... More

274 Other Employee Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions (View Most Recent)

No different from your local daycare center.

Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay fo substitute teachers is higher than regular em!ployees.

Cons

No bathroom breaks, directors do not care about staff.

Hire skilled, educated workers and directors who are experienced.

Aug 12, 2014Human Resources

Thanks for sharing your feedback--we're sorry to hear your experience with Bright Horizons has not been a positive one. We are deeply committed to creating caring workplaces centered around a shared ... More

Mixed feelings about Bright Horizons

Current Employee - Teacher in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Teacher in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time

Pros

There are great teachers that work at BH. It very cohesive and you really feel teachers helping each other out when they can.
    The children are very kind and sweet kids, the parents are understanding (most of them)

Cons

This may be long but hoping that BH higher ups read and truly understand how this is from a teachers experience.
    1. You come in and interview for one position and sometimes are shuffled around so much you are confused as to what your title and job description actually is. The directors should be honest and up front about the center. It might help the turnover at my site if honesty was a priority when it comes to workers and families.
    2.There are some great teacher a at my center. They work hard diligently to make sure the children are learning and growing at a consistent pace. It is not fair to come to work in an environment such and this and not have proper information on children or are told to "cater" to each child according to the parents personal request.
    It is so hard to cater to multiple personal request and handle paper work within the time we have. Instead director should inform parents that certain age groups have specific schedules so that the children can get used to structure and ultimately prepare them to socially and developmentally succeed in preschool and elementary school. Instead parents are promised "nanny care" it causes confusion and sometimes chaos in the classroom because there is not enough time to compete all request. Then to switch teachers in and out sometimes consistently, it makes no sense!
    3.Directors should not blame teachers for children leaving. It is not fair every time a parent chooses to remove a child from the center the primary teacher is held accountable or it is insinuated. As for my center the teachers work so hard to make every child's experience pleasant. They should not have that placed on them especially when parents leave due to reasons that are not announced or when we are told from the parents it's not personal just they prefer another center.
    4. Director should listen more. As teachers who are in the classroom 40 hours a week with the children, we have a lot of time to learn the children, their habits, behavior and rituals. When we suggest or notify director of something that is not working or is a concern in our classroom, we are quickly dismissed or the director becomes combative.
    It is not okay to always be so dismissive without truly listening. It's rude and makes the teachers feel like they have no support at all!
    4.There is no paid breaks. I think it's almost insulting not to issue a paid break especially when a lot of work gets done during break time. We are told not to do work during break, but are reprimanded when we don't have the time to get all the paperwork done. It's a lose lose situation. I definitely think paid breaks needs to be revisited or make it mandatory that teachers have time for paperwork to get done. As hard as we work its exhausting to have to do work on our breaks out of fear of getting in trouble for not competing work.

Show up at the centers unannounced. Sometimes a show is put on because directors know you are coming. All 5th glitters is definitely not gold.

Aug 12, 2014Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your experience has not been a positive one. If you would like to share more specific details about your experience ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions