Bright Horizons Family Solutions

www.brighthorizons.com
  www.brighthorizons.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Working at one of the best early childhood centers

Current Employee - Head Teacher in Milpitas, CA
Current Employee - Head Teacher in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement
Continuing education compensation
best salaries in the business
professional, knowledgeable, staff in Early Childhood

Cons

Large center sometimes is overwhelming
hiring non qualified staff out of desperation
sometimes overlooking needs of children over needs of parents in care

Management needs to retain more qualified teachers and make it a priority to send their teachers to school as much as possible

274 Other Employee Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions (View Most Recent)

It all depends on the team and who is your leader

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Pros

Flexible schedules, family/community atmosphere, good benefits

Cons

Growth is at a snails pace, unless you work on a team where your leader is in tune with his/her team. If not, forget it. A lot of leaders are lazy and complacent, the very definition of phoning it in. They're enjoying the child care benefit and barely showing up to actually work, which stifles or completely overworks those who work for them. No career advancement in the corporate office. Told by upper management numerous times that we "serve" center employees. Compensation is way below market, and it's common knowledge and expressed by management that they have no interest in fair market compensation. Management is terrified of change and conflict and will ignore very obvious signs of discontent or trouble. Even if you bring concerns to higher and higher levels, prepare to be completely ignored. They'll tell you the right thing to your face, but real change WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Instead, they spend time and money on skits and parties and showcases of how great we all are. Management is drunk on it's own Kool Aid, emperor has no clothes, and a few more cliches...

Practice what you preach. The HEART principles are a joke. Just well-written PR hogwash. Really look into what your employees are feeling and telling you. Stop patting yourself on the back for BARELY making it on the Great Place to Work List and actually be one. Increase compensation and stop pretending you're a nonprofit. Parties and food do not pay the rent.

Beauktiful school - very low pay and morale

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Coconut Creek, FL
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Coconut Creek, FL

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Pros

It's a job and close to home. My career is teaching children and I get to do my job here.

Cons

Very low pay. I am not offered any medical benefits as a substitute and have not been offered any full time employment. Some weeks I have very few hours and a very poor paycheck. It is hard to manage money and is very stressful.

Let people do their jobs, Offer constructive criticism. Treat teachers like the adults they are.

There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions