Bright House Networks

www.brighthouse.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Bright House Networks

Hiring Process

Current Employee - Technical Care Professional - Help Desk Support in Maitland, FL

I have been working at Bright House Networks full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Driving distance for the job. About 54 Minutes without traffic

Great management as long your on your toes 100% punctuality : meaning come to work on time, great attitude,

180 Other Employee Reviews for Bright House Networks (View Most Recent)

It WAS a great job but now, not so much.

Current Employee - Specialized Sales in Auburndale, FL
    Current Employee - Specialized Sales in Auburndale, FL

I have been working at Bright House Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At first, great pay, great benefits, solid hours, & a fun environment. Management cared about your opinion, cared about you & sleeked your input on business moves.

Cons

Where do I begin?! The pay has decreased. Most of us made over $65k+. First, our commissions were cut. We made great money on phone sales, now we don't. They changed the packaging for the customers & made them NON competitive with other companies. Verizon is destroying us with pricing & offers & Bright House does nothing. They used to care about the customers, now they care about only money. They have increased pricing on services & equipment, making it a very hard sell to new customers. They offer no incentives for premium channels (HBO, Starz). They do not care about the sales team nor their input. We are the front line, we take the calls yet they don't help us succeed. If you don't do it your way, it's your fault your aren't selling or hitting your sales numbers. During "slow" months, they raise the monthly quotas so it is impossible to make good money. They now route calls to different call centers in Mexico or to 3rd party companies so we can't make commissions. The IVR (the machine that you yell at to get to a live person) is the worst one in the nation. It's 2014, there should be no issues with clearly hearing a human being & sending it to the right department. They "claim" their is nothing wrong with it yet customers call in for repair, it routes it to sales. Another way to cut our commissions by sending us repair issues instead of sales. There's tons of favoritism with only top selling reps & everyone else is beneath pond scum to management. The calls that do get through the IVR are then routed to the top reps only so they can keep making great money while the rest of us barely get by with $8 an hour & crappy checks. Many reps get away with murder by cheating by putting in the wrong package codes which lower the rate for the customer, thus getting the sale. (Shady). The management turns their heads to those producing& penalize those who don't hit numbers by doing it the right way. They deny "routing" the calls but you can clearly see that they do. The install techs also do not do great jobs & cost us sales. There's many more to wrong things but you get the point with just these problems. This job went from great to crap since the end of March of 2014.

Stop "routing" the calls. Let the calls be free to anyone & everyone & let's see who the real sales people are. Stop playing favorites. Tell us the truth. Quit lying & making us feel like we are the ones not doing our jobs. Make the prices competitive or you are going to lose even more customers than you are now. If you cheat, you get fired, plain & simple.

Bright House Networks Response

Jul 2, 2014Representative

Thank you for your review. We read every review and we will share your feedback with management.

Fantastic company, with excellent benefits

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Bright House Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Working Environment & Employee Benefits. They also offer fantastic training programs to help employees grow within the organization. Highly recommend working for Bright House.

Cons

If you allow them to, this company will have you working 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Set standards once you enter the door, as if you show you're willing to work 24x7, it will become accepted as the "norm".

There are newer employer reviews for Bright House Networks