Brightedge Technologies

www.brightedge.com
  www.brightedge.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brightedge Technologies

A hard fought battle but exciting ride so far

Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with some dynamic professionals
Seeing the impact of my work as the company grows quickly
Opportunity to expand my skill set and get experience I haven't had access too

Cons

Like every start up that has made a profound impact in their industry, it's a lot of hard work and there are bumps along the way that have been discouraging

Though there have been growing pains along the way, the fact that you have worked with employees to overcome challenges together and continue to learn from mistakes is encouraging. Keep being adaptable and celebrate company success often.

69 Other Employee Reviews for Brightedge Technologies (View Most Recent)

Ultimately disappointing - management needs a reality check

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

BrightEdge has an amazing product to stand on & is absolutely the leader in the SEO space.
    The engineers are brilliant & constantly innovating.
    Fun group of people to work with - smart, young, and energetic.

Cons

Management had the audacity to ask us to write positive reviews to balance out the more honest reviews on here. This is a completely honest review, expressing my real opinions only.
    Sales team process is a disaster - constantly rolling out initiatives and then scaling them back because management doesn't understand what tools the sales team needs to be successful. Employees are promised the world - be it team outings to celebrate exceeding sales goals, promotions, or career development - but, the management team will work you to the bone and then fail to deliver on their promises.
    It doesn't surprise me why the sales team dwindled to 1/2 the originally size due to people quitting.

BrightEdge attracts the best talent out there, and has a great product.
    Revamp your sales management from the VP down, and you'll be able to keep that talent around longer.
    Don't ask employees to write positive reviews - treat them well and it will happen.

Lots of Marketing, A lot Less Culture

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I got to learn quite a bit about marketing technology and it is a great space to be in. I feel like you get a lot of exposure at BrightEdge to the SEO/marketing space which opens up the door for a lot of opportunities, I've found. It's a pretty cool space over all and there are some smart people there.

Cons

I found during my time here that executives really do not focus or care much about the general employees. The efforts to work on the "culture" are forced and you can tell they are unnatural. At the end of the day, the owners are out for themselves and willing to cut through anyone or anything to make money - even at the expense of employees.

Try and put yourself in the shoes of the people at the company. The engineers need more of a life, sales seems less micromanagement.

There are newer employer reviews for Brightedge Technologies