There are newer employer reviews for Brightedge Technologies

Best product in industry and amazing collection of talent!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time

Pros

The Company is the clear leader in their space. We own the market and have the who's who in almost every vertical that is important to us. We have the best product in this space and our engineering team rocks! The company has brought in lots of talent both experienced hires and recent college grads. Every function in the company has top notch talent. The department teams are very close and work really well together. Great opportunity to make an impact and be a part of something special!

Cons

Company is growing so fast it is difficult to higher the caliber of people they are looking for quick enough to keep up with the growth. This company is only for those that have the passion to be in a fast paced environment. The industry changes at a rapid pace and makes it challenging to keep up but that is what makes BrightEdge so critical to customer's success.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire rock start talent and continue to invest in your employees. Continue to adapt and refine process and strategy as you continue to grow.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Disappointing- Look Elsewhere!

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*I felt compelled to write a review after seeing multiple reviews from the same person or two people in the past several days that paint the company in an overly positive light. I believe these reviews are fake and were maybe written by management. Read the negative reviews- they tell the truth. Positives- interview process is tough to get through so only the best and brightest make it. Your peers will for the most part, engaging and very hardworking. Some folks in middle management genuinely care about you and your success and try to make the day to day bearable. Work-life balance is ok. Hours are long, but not as bad as other places in the valley. Technology is impressive and is created by a talented, but overworked engineering team.

Cons

I'd say about half of the stuff I was told in the interview process regarding company environment, future career opportunities, culture, etc. was untrue or overinflated. You'll be oversold on the importance of your role, the culture, and the HUGE opportunities for upwards mobility....but you'll find that ultimately, you won't go far unless you are in the inner circle with management and learn to suck up and play by their rules. Any upward mobility, etc you will have to fight for every step of the way. Working from home is NOT an option and is frowned upon- people will notice when you arrive and leave the office and will comment on it. Environment is very gossipy. Many talented hires end up leaving after a year or two because they can't take it anymore....anyone who has been at BE more than a year or so is a "veteran", and the company has been around since 2008! Ultimately- management cares about your numbers, not you, nor your well being or career and will continue to over-promise things (bonuses, new titles, Club) to get you to stay longer -because they can't afford more employees quitting. Ultimately, they want to line their pockets and will do whatever they need to do to get there. You'll hear about how the company is tracking towards IPO but don't fall for it- the only folks that are getting rich off a potential IPO are exec mgmt, not you! Socially- the environment is pretty toxic- you'll ascend up the ranks more quickly if you learn how to play the political cards and throw your peers under the bus to make yourself look better. If you are a nice guy you will definitely finish last. The company operates under a culture of submission and rewarding "yes-men"- state an opinion or belief that is out of line with what the C level believes and you will quickly be on your way out the door.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees a little more- the company is not going to succeed without them.

Read the negative reviews before you decide to take a job at BrightEdge

I worked at Brightedge Technologies

Pros

The people you will meet and work with on a daily basis are extremely talented, intelligent and hard working. They are the reason why you go to work every day. They are the reason why its difficult to walk away and find new employment. They are the reason why you put up with with the micro-managing senior leadership team.

Cons

I'm beginning to see a lot of positive posts again on the BrightEdge review board which only leads me to believe that management is forcing their staff to post positive reviews. I'm pretty confident of this since the posts are coming from anonymous Account Executives. Anyone who has worked there knows that the Sales department is a revolving door and the staff are treated poorly. Did something suddenly change? Moreover, when I worked there, I'm guilty of posting a fake, positive review and have also witnessed this happen on more than one occasion during my tenure. While you have one department posting fake reviews on Glassdoor, you have others in a separate department being forced to end connections with former employees on LinkedIn. The problem starts at the top but it doesn't end there. You have a couple of leaders that are very smooth talkers (if you can't read between the lines, they are disingenuous) that keep the recruiting going. Once you get in, you quickly realize you made a mistake and now you are part of the unhealthy negative culture that will swallow you whole very quickly. There is another in a leadership position that is a person of faith. You quickly realize that their actions and words are not very christian. There is another leader in another department that should have never been allowed to manage people. The only true VP at this company manages the Marketing group. If you are considering a job with BrightEdge, read these negative reviews before you make a decision. Not to speak in hyperbole but every one of these negative reviews are probably written because each person finally felt like this was the only time they would be heard. They finally have the freedom to speak their mind. I've never done this before. I usually never take the time on something this trivial like posting a negative review.

Advice to Management

Why?