There are newer employer reviews for Brightedge Technologies

Best product in industry and amazing collection of talent!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time

Pros

The Company is the clear leader in their space. We own the market and have the who's who in almost every vertical that is important to us. We have the best product in this space and our engineering team rocks! The company has brought in lots of talent both experienced hires and recent college grads. Every function in the company has top notch talent. The department teams are very close and work really well together. Great opportunity to make an impact and be a part of something special!

Cons

Company is growing so fast it is difficult to higher the caliber of people they are looking for quick enough to keep up with the growth. This company is only for those that have the passion to be in a fast paced environment. The industry changes at a rapid pace and makes it challenging to keep up but that is what makes BrightEdge so critical to customer's success.

Continue to hire rock start talent and continue to invest in your employees. Continue to adapt and refine process and strategy as you continue to grow.

63 Other Employee Reviews for Brightedge Technologies (View Most Recent)

A real review and advice

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time

Pros

If you have trouble navigating the reviews on this site, I can tell you that most, if not all, of the positive reviews are fake (I strongly suspect our marketing/product leader is writing them). It's possible one or two of the negative reviews were written by competitors, but the overall negative sentiment of employees is accurate. There are a lot of changes happening internally, but the bottom line is that everything filters down from the top, from the CEO. He's a smart guy, but he's young and only cares about money. And since he isn't going to change, any attempts to improve the culture are severely limited. This is evident by the fact that the same issues have been coming up in negative reviews for over 2 years.

Pros:
    - if you're recently out of school, you can learn a lot at BrightEdge. My advice is stay for 1 year (no more), and make connections that will get you your next job - people from BrightEdge often go on to big name companies.
    - BrightEdge is reaching new milestones in terms of company growth, and the market is changing rapidly, so it's an exciting time to see how the company is navigating changes.

Cons

- the CEO will only have things a certain way (his way), and the exec team caters to him, so you may get frustrated and run into road blocks if you have your own ideas. They'll tell you to take "ownership" of your role, but they won't give you the authority or support to execute.
    - we are seeing increased competition, and seem to be scrambling to maintain our leadership in the market (for example the "data cube" that came out of no where, and our sudden interest in marketing towards "everyone" instead of just enterprise. This was not planned, it is reactive).
    - BrightEdge is the king of over-promising and under-delivering. This hasn't changed and isn't going to. Everyone here is a salesperson and a smooth talker and they will sell their pants off to get you in the door, but my advice for both experienced and inexperienced people is this: unless you have no other options, it's not worth it.

If you do join, my advice is to be aggressive about what you need to succeed. If you want or need something, be proactive and ask every day or every week until you get it. Get everything in writing.

You've been getting the exact same advice for years. You've seen success until now so you haven't needed to address it, but now might be a crucial time to start paying attention to your employees.

Disappointing- Look Elsewhere!

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

*I felt compelled to write a review after seeing multiple reviews from the same person or two people in the past several days that paint the company in an overly positive light. I believe these reviews are fake and were maybe written by management. Read the negative reviews- they tell the truth.

Positives- interview process is tough to get through so only the best and brightest make it. Your peers will for the most part, engaging and very hardworking. Some folks in middle management genuinely care about you and your success and try to make the day to day bearable. Work-life balance is ok. Hours are long, but not as bad as other places in the valley. Technology is impressive and is created by a talented, but overworked engineering team.

Cons

I'd say about half of the stuff I was told in the interview process regarding company environment, future career opportunities, culture, etc. was untrue or overinflated. You'll be oversold on the importance of your role, the culture, and the HUGE opportunities for upwards mobility....but you'll find that ultimately, you won't go far unless you are in the inner circle with management and learn to suck up and play by their rules. Any upward mobility, etc you will have to fight for every step of the way. Working from home is NOT an option and is frowned upon- people will notice when you arrive and leave the office and will comment on it. Environment is very gossipy. Many talented hires end up leaving after a year or two because they can't take it anymore....anyone who has been at BE more than a year or so is a "veteran", and the company has been around since 2008! Ultimately- management cares about your numbers, not you, nor your well being or career and will continue to over-promise things (bonuses, new titles, Club) to get you to stay longer -because they can't afford more employees quitting. Ultimately, they want to line their pockets and will do whatever they need to do to get there. You'll hear about how the company is tracking towards IPO but don't fall for it- the only folks that are getting rich off a potential IPO are exec mgmt, not you! Socially- the environment is pretty toxic- you'll ascend up the ranks more quickly if you learn how to play the political cards and throw your peers under the bus to make yourself look better. If you are a nice guy you will definitely finish last. The company operates under a culture of submission and rewarding "yes-men"- state an opinion or belief that is out of line with what the C level believes and you will quickly be on your way out the door.

Care about your employees a little more- the company is not going to succeed without them.

There are newer employer reviews for Brightedge Technologies

Worked for Brightedge Technologies? Contribute to the Community!