There are newer employer reviews for Brightedge Technologies

Longest, most stressful experience of my entire sales career - RUN AWAY!

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- You get to work with super smart and fun colleagues who are constantly overworked and beat down by a tyrannical management team. - The peanut butter in the kitchen was pretty good I suppose...

Cons

- Receiving emails at all times of the day and night - If you don't follow their sales process you're constantly yelled at - If you like a copy and paste approach to sales - you'll love BrightEdge. - It takes about a year to detox from the horrible environment - Constant stress and lack of work-life balance make it almost unbearable - Childish attitudes starts at the highest levels of management - Clearly writing an outstanding review for BrightEdge was a requirement to go attend the Club Trip - Run and run fast away from BrightEdge!

Advice to Management

Replace them all.

Other Employee Reviews for Brightedge Technologies

Great people but unfortunately leadership not taking company in right direction

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart, fun, collaborative colleagues Some managers are dedicated to their team and care about their development Some great brands and customers

Cons

Some teams are way overworked - a lot of pressure and stress Micromanaging from upper management There's a culture of "yes" and upper management not willing to listen to negative feedback about product or process

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to negative feedback and don't assume it's the employee's fault if something goes wrong

New Sales Management

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time

Pros

New Sales Leadership (VPS, three new Director's; Demand Generation, Renewals and Strategic Accounts) is going to make a huge difference in our sales culture and effectiveness. Great product, demand continues to grow for our solution, along with the average deal sizes. Most of the sales team is making their numbers and having more fun competing against one another.

Cons

Too tactical of an approach to sales and not enough emphasis on working smarter and more strategically. Hopefully this will change as the balance of power shifts and the company continues to bring in the type of talent to take us to the next level.

Advice to Management

Trust and empower your people more than ever to make decisions, build out their teams and implement new ideas so we can scale the company faster and deliver record results beyond expectations.