There are newer employer reviews for Brightedge Technologies

The negative reviews are accurate

Former Employee - Enterprise Business Representative  in  San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - Enterprise Business Representative in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

I will say this for BrightEdge, they do a fabulous job recruiting cool, talented, intelligent people.

Their marketing machine is powerful.

Cons

Read the following review with the knowledge that when I started at BrightEdge the CMO asked me to write a favorable review on my first day, which I naively did. Now reading the other positive reviews they strike me as quite similar to my own early, misleading review.

Although the people are incredible, the executives set the tone and culture for the company which is why BrightEdge has horrible and ongoing problems with employee attrition, internal unrest and dissatisfaction. It seemed like the entry level people had it the hardest and were treated the worst, but even mid-level executives were struggling with the culture shock and difficulty of maintaining a healthy work life.

Transparency and fairness were HUGELY lacking. I can see this with greater perspective now that I'm out of the BrightEdge Marketing Distortion Field, but employees are consistently mislead and even lied to. They are even lied to about their own product which causes them to lie during the sales process, whether they know it or not.

One comment I see quite often on these boards is that BrightEdge has the best technology. They don't. There are numerous other platforms and SEO technology that best them in many areas.

The number one issue with BrightEdge are the 3 top executives who are brazenly driving towards an exit. It's common in Silicon Valley, but not to the extent where it makes everyone around them miserable. They are not a class act.

63 Other Employee Reviews for Brightedge Technologies (View Most Recent)

The opportunity is yours to take

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Platform is the distinct leader in the SEO space. Our competitors are 10 steps behind at best.
    -Career opportunities are through the roof. This company will make your career in a short period of time if you are willing to put in the effort.
    -Management is extremely accessible and supportive.
    -Initial training class when you come on board is bar none. 2 weeks of total immersion in both classroom and practical environment.
    -Company is not afraid to spend on good employees.

Cons

-Snacks could be a little more diverse.
    -Typical growing pains you would expect to see at any start up.

Keep up the good work! As we continue to grow do not forget the core values that are making this company a phenomenal place to work.

Super growth company that gives you an opportunity to move up on your own merit

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Terrific SEO training. Fun and energetic environment. Good smart dedicated people. You can accelerate through your own merit.

Cons

A bit of a challenge commuting if not in the San Mateo area though pretty comparable facilities as with other valley companies.

Keep hiring more experienced people to round out the ranks and add to an already stellar team.

There are newer employer reviews for Brightedge Technologies

Worked for Brightedge Technologies? Contribute to the Community!