There are newer employer reviews for Brightedge Technologies

Top startup, but you gotta have game

Current Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Aggressive management that wants to win. "It's easy to lose money and make mediocre products."
Data driven and low ego.
Sales division well organized and disciplined.
Good company values.
The company has already beaten the odds to get to this revenue level and earned its position as SEO market leader.

Cons

Growing fast and adding people fast so the parking space is tight, but that's a good sign.

Keep it up and let's grow big.

66 Other Employee Reviews for Brightedge Technologies (View Most Recent)

The Positive Reviews Are Accurate Too - Awesome Place To Sell Just Got Better

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been an Account Executive here for almost a year and this Is an awesome place to sell. The tech is by far the best in the space (hard not to love that) but almost more importantly the management team has rolled out another, in a series, of awards to reward people for success. We have Club in Maui, quarterly accelerators, sales training from best in class third party trainers, 1-1 EBR to AE ratio, monthly Vegas trips for demand gen so that team is pumped up (very important), monthly spiff for mid month AE achievement, unlimited management support and now we just got a second half of year accelerator. Say what will you will about management being focused on outcomes; the outcome I just got is a much bigger commission check! seriously, these are a lot of rewards that most companies don't offer.

Cons

This is not actually a con - this is more of a heads up. Management expects you to produce - that is why we have all of these rewards that I have never heard of at another company. Like many companies, this is a great place for people who are high achievers and not fun if you are not. In four years the company is the clear leader in a very competitive space; that is a position that does not come without a lot of hard work.

You have done a great job making people feel rewarded - keep doing it! The more people you make feel good, the more people will want to join and get in on the action!

Negative reviews are very accurate--make sure to read all.

Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The NYC office is a neat space, free lunch on Thursdays.

Cons

I cannot stress enough to go through and read the negative reviews on here because for the most part they are extremeley accurate. Culture is set from the top down, and having worked there for a little over three months it became clear that upper management does not really care about fostering a healthy working environment that values teamwork, shared successes or any of the values that create happy employees. If you invest in your people, don't treat them like they are a number on a spread sheet, they will work hard for you. It's simple MGMT 101.

If you have worked anywhere else, make sure that you think it through carefully before accepting the job. It is a very sharp elbows, clique and gossipy environment, especially the NYC office.

Lastly, it is great to boast you have the best technology but when your employees are bitter, miserable and resigning at alarming numbers, it does not matter how great the product is.

Invest in people, culture and empowering your employees through proper management.

There are newer employer reviews for Brightedge Technologies