Brightedge Technologies

www.brightedge.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brightedge Technologies

Top startup, but you gotta have game

Current Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Aggressive management that wants to win. "It's easy to lose money and make mediocre products."
Data driven and low ego.
Sales division well organized and disciplined.
Good company values.
The company has already beaten the odds to get to this revenue level and earned its position as SEO market leader.

Cons

Growing fast and adding people fast so the parking space is tight, but that's a good sign.

Keep it up and let's grow big.

82 Other Employee Reviews for Brightedge Technologies (View Most Recent)

Unorganized and Unprofessional Hiring

Former Employee - Web Developer in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Web Developer in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people for sure! Nice working environment in general and up-to-date offices with plenty of features.

Cons

Very unorganized IT/HR department.
    I moved thousands of miles for a position doing some web work at Brightedge after some really positive interviews. After I got there I was told by my boss that he only knew about me coming in 2 days ahead of time, and because of this had nothing ready. This was the first sign of trouble.

It took over a week just to get some basic read-only access for their Git server, and even when I was given this all the files were extremely outdated. I had to bug IT almost daily trying to get current files to work with. They would give me one little piece of info to try each time, and every time it didn't work, so I had to reschedule another appointment with IT again and wait a whole day to do anything.

On top of the IT issue, the 2 bosses I had were very bad at communicating between each other and I often had to repeat myself multiple times or have to answer the same questions over and over. They had me doing odd documentation tasks instead of the work I was there for, which was web development. As many times as I told them about the IT issues, they seemed to think it was my fault that nothing was getting done.. even though they wouldn't even give me access to the files.

Essentially their IT department was too busy to deal with me and didn't even bother giving me the credentials to start really working. Because of the lack of progress due to the IT department restricting my work, I was let go.

If you're going to have someone fly from coast to coast to join your company, make sure the people who will be working with them know about it. The internal IT issues are another matter entirely. Maybe they are overworked and don't have time for some people, or just don't care, but there was a huge problem with knowledge there. No one seemed to know exactly what was going on, which was part of my struggle.

Worst company Ever!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good snacks
    Agressive mindset
    Will win against competitors

Cons

- Too much office politics
    - It is like a call center
    - Micro-managed
    - Everyone thinks they are too smart
    - Long work hours
    - CEO often reads emails to clients - That is insane
    - They keep talking about competitors even when they are not really better

There are newer employer reviews for Brightedge Technologies