There are newer employer reviews for Brightedge Technologies

Top startup, but you gotta have game

Current Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Aggressive management that wants to win. "It's easy to lose money and make mediocre products."
Data driven and low ego.
Sales division well organized and disciplined.
Good company values.
The company has already beaten the odds to get to this revenue level and earned its position as SEO market leader.

Cons

Growing fast and adding people fast so the parking space is tight, but that's a good sign.

Keep it up and let's grow big.

63 Other Employee Reviews for Brightedge Technologies (View Most Recent)

Unorganized and Unprofessional Hiring

Former Employee - Web Developer in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Web Developer in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly people for sure! Nice working environment in general and up-to-date offices with plenty of features.

Cons

Very unorganized IT/HR department.
    I moved thousands of miles for a position doing some web work at Brightedge after some really positive interviews. After I got there I was told by my boss that he only knew about me coming in 2 days ahead of time, and because of this had nothing ready. This was the first sign of trouble.

It took over a week just to get some basic read-only access for their Git server, and even when I was given this all the files were extremely outdated. I had to bug IT almost daily trying to get current files to work with. They would give me one little piece of info to try each time, and every time it didn't work, so I had to reschedule another appointment with IT again and wait a whole day to do anything.

On top of the IT issue, the 2 bosses I had were very bad at communicating between each other and I often had to repeat myself multiple times or have to answer the same questions over and over. They had me doing odd documentation tasks instead of the work I was there for, which was web development. As many times as I told them about the IT issues, they seemed to think it was my fault that nothing was getting done.. even though they wouldn't even give me access to the files.

Essentially their IT department was too busy to deal with me and didn't even bother giving me the credentials to start really working. Because of the lack of progress due to the IT department restricting my work, I was let go.

If you're going to have someone fly from coast to coast to join your company, make sure the people who will be working with them know about it. The internal IT issues are another matter entirely. Maybe they are overworked and don't have time for some people, or just don't care, but there was a huge problem with knowledge there. No one seemed to know exactly what was going on, which was part of my struggle.

The Positive Reviews Are Accurate Too - Awesome Place To Sell Just Got Better

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been an Account Executive here for almost a year and this Is an awesome place to sell. The tech is by far the best in the space (hard not to love that) but almost more importantly the management team has rolled out another, in a series, of awards to reward people for success. We have Club in Maui, quarterly accelerators, sales training from best in class third party trainers, 1-1 EBR to AE ratio, monthly Vegas trips for demand gen so that team is pumped up (very important), monthly spiff for mid month AE achievement, unlimited management support and now we just got a second half of year accelerator. Say what will you will about management being focused on outcomes; the outcome I just got is a much bigger commission check! seriously, these are a lot of rewards that most companies don't offer.

Cons

This is not actually a con - this is more of a heads up. Management expects you to produce - that is why we have all of these rewards that I have never heard of at another company. Like many companies, this is a great place for people who are high achievers and not fun if you are not. In four years the company is the clear leader in a very competitive space; that is a position that does not come without a lot of hard work.

You have done a great job making people feel rewarded - keep doing it! The more people you make feel good, the more people will want to join and get in on the action!

There are newer employer reviews for Brightedge Technologies