Brighter Future Learning

www.thebrighterfuture.com
  www.thebrighterfuture.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brighter Future Learning

Management is only motivated by money

I worked at Brighter Future Learning

Pros

Ok pay if you teach English.

Cons

Math tutors are very underpaid. Management only cares for how many students you can handle at a time. Often times they had me working with too many students so naturally the quality of my work would decline. They care more about getting the students in and out than they do about making the students learn something

Bring Brighter Future back to what it used to be which was helping the students LEARN. Not just a way for you to fill your pockets with money so you can drive around with a Porsche.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Brighter Future Learning (View Most Recent)

One of my favorite jobs

Former Employee - Math Tutor in Saratoga, CA

I worked at Brighter Future Learning part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I loved working with the kids. The staff was great too. I got to work with kids from age 7 to 17 and all math subjects from arithmetic to pre-calc.

Cons

The hours weren't great. It's an after school program so the day didn't start til around 2 pm or so.

Teach compound interest. This is one of the most important subjects in math in my opinion. I was supposed to skip this section but I taught it anyway.

Children are nothing but dollar signs in this establishment.

Former Employee - English Teacher in Saratoga, CA
    Former Employee - English Teacher in Saratoga, CA

I worked at Brighter Future Learning part-time (more than an year)

Pros

working with children is always fun and challenging. I met some wonderful kids and I gained some knowledge on effective teaching habits with children.

Cons

The upper management does not care in the least bit if your child is learning or really grasping the grammar and writing concepts. They would copy STAR testing practice booklets and then sell the copies for five dollars per. When I asked my manager if doing this were legal she responded "I don't think I'm going to answer that" and changed the subject.
    The owner also told me that I had to "brainwash" the children into thinking grammar is fun. The learning material is stagnant and boring. I was never allowed to stray from the written script they give you. The work is busy work that keeps your children doing something instead of really learning and there is absolutely no room for the children to be creative with their writing. The kids were painfully bored and when I asked my manager if we could bring some more age appropriate reading material in she said it would be too difficult.

You should try to make the classes more engaging and creative. For now they are dull and lifeless which is why the enrollment has drastically declined.

There are newer employer reviews for Brighter Future Learning