Brighton Collectibles

www.brightoncollectibles.com
  www.brightoncollectibles.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brighton Collectibles

A wonderful warm sales experiance

Current Employee - Seasinal Sales Partner in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Seasinal Sales Partner in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Brighton Collectibles part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the one on one with the customers. I love that you are encouraged to make them feel at home with free cookies and water offered to each guest. It's like going to a purse or jewelry party at someones home. Their holiday incentive program is wonderful as the store makes it's sales the partners share in the winnings with $$ certificates for Brighton products. A really fun place to work.

Cons

Communication between staff and store manager is lacking as people are not scheduled to their availability causing shifts to have to be filled by others. And schedules are posted a week or less before shifts start making it difficult for the staff to plan their lives.

At store level need better planning of business needs, staffing etc at least 2 weeks to a month a head as a courtesy to the employees. Last minute schedules are frustrating for a staff that wants to work but can't when conflicts occur.

80 Other Employee Reviews for Brighton Collectibles (View Most Recent)

Loved the customers, not the manager

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Partner in Stanford, CA
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Partner in Stanford, CA

I have been working at Brighton Collectibles part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of funto work in retail and most customers were delightful. Most co-workers helpful, but also competitive driven by need to fill quotas which remain high despite economic downturn.

Cons

Store management is short on training and temper

Successful stores may not be successful places to work for staff. Managers need communication and actual management training. Workers should not have to "deal" with the personality deficits of managers.

OUR HEARTS ARE BROKE!!!

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Brighton Collectibles full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There was a time when working at Brighton Collectibles was like winning the lottery!! We ran our stores like they were our own. Most of us had soaring businesses! Give us gorgeous merchandise and let us hire great people who are rooted in our communities and run the show!! Most of us woke up every morning, anxious to go to work and open our doors. We celebrated each others successes! We were allowed to call each other across the country and get advice on great results and helping and encouraging when you could lend your support! But then it all changed!

Cons

A warm and fuzzy environment turned into the nasty dance!! Communication came to a sudden STOP! One person was hired and the entire company crumbled. How could a 5 foot person change an entire company? By performing the nasty dance on a daily basis. Slipping into store by store with district managers in tow, teaching them to do the nasty dance. I call it "Seagull Management"...they fly in and crap all over everyone! God bless them though...they are keeping the business booming, but with that many many many hearts have been broken. For a man and his wife to build their business around a "heart" it is ironic to me that they would allow this to happen. People who would leave their families to open stores during hurricanes and bad weather. But these people didn't give it a second thought because they loved their jobs. But it all changed. Now if you don't go, you're threatened. Many managers are fearful of their jobs daily. This little person and her entourage has torn a fun loving company into a nightmare. We'll always love you Jerry....you know who your great people were and you allowed them to leave or be led out the door! You have to know you broke our hearts!!

To upper management...Each of you should take the lowest producing stores or stores that you feel should be producing more then they do for 6 mths and see how you turn things around.....BUT MAKES SURE YOU DO EVERY SINGLE CHORE REQUIRED EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY!! GOOD LUCK!!

There are newer employer reviews for Brighton Collectibles