Brighton Collectibles

www.brightoncollectibles.com
  www.brightoncollectibles.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brighton Collectibles

A wonderful warm sales experiance

Current Employee - Seasinal Sales Partner  in  Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Seasinal Sales Partner in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Brighton Collectibles part-time for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed the one on one with the customers. I love that you are encouraged to make them feel at home with free cookies and water offered to each guest. It's like going to a purse or jewelry party at someones home. Their holiday incentive program is wonderful as the store makes it's sales the partners share in the winnings with $$ certificates for Brighton products. A really fun place to work.

Cons

Communication between staff and store manager is lacking as people are not scheduled to their availability causing shifts to have to be filled by others. And schedules are posted a week or less before shifts start making it difficult for the staff to plan their lives.

At store level need better planning of business needs, staffing etc at least 2 weeks to a month a head as a courtesy to the employees. Last minute schedules are frustrating for a staff that wants to work but can't when conflicts occur.

72 Other Employee Reviews for Brighton Collectibles (View Most Recent)

Micromanaging, unreasonable expectation by Corporate management creating a high stress retail environment for employees.

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Brighton Collectibles full-time

Pros

Progressive thinking in business customer service, true dedication to their product, company and design team. Think outside the box company. Brilliant marketing strategists and certainly a company that does not miss a beat.

Cons

Brighton presents this image of being humanitarians and do gooders donating to multiple charities, but in fact it is a brilliant marketing strategy. They overload their managers and sales partners with so much work and stress. Corporate micromanages everything. For a company that acts like they care about people and causes, they don't take care of their own employees and treat the retail division like the low rung on the totem pole. They deliver their unreasonable expectations with bubbly manipulation to try to motivate their people without actually giving anything, and in fact taking away more and more perks. It is like a cult in some respects. Brighton has a great business concept that values their customers (this may be true) , and employees (questionable). This is the story that hooks you and inspires you. Once inside, not so sure, more more more is their motto and it is never enough. Be a machine and pledge your life to Brighton.

Loyalty and motivation comes more easily when one feels appreciated, trusted, valued and rewarded. When actions from corporate and management actually mirror the jargon. Expectations are essential to a successful Company, even high expectations, but not unreasonable ones that turn humans into robots that can't keep up with the work load. Add the condescending arrogance from the top tier of corporate management and it is pretty unpleasant.

OUR HEARTS ARE BROKE!!!

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Brighton Collectibles full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There was a time when working at Brighton Collectibles was like winning the lottery!! We ran our stores like they were our own. Most of us had soaring businesses! Give us gorgeous merchandise and let us hire great people who are rooted in our communities and run the show!! Most of us woke up every morning, anxious to go to work and open our doors. We celebrated each others successes! We were allowed to call each other across the country and get advice on great results and helping and encouraging when you could lend your support! But then it all changed!

Cons

A warm and fuzzy environment turned into the nasty dance!! Communication came to a sudden STOP! One person was hired and the entire company crumbled. How could a 5 foot person change an entire company? By performing the nasty dance on a daily basis. Slipping into store by store with district managers in tow, teaching them to do the nasty dance. I call it "Seagull Management"...they fly in and crap all over everyone! God bless them though...they are keeping the business booming, but with that many many many hearts have been broken. For a man and his wife to build their business around a "heart" it is ironic to me that they would allow this to happen. People who would leave their families to open stores during hurricanes and bad weather. But these people didn't give it a second thought because they loved their jobs. But it all changed. Now if you don't go, you're threatened. Many managers are fearful of their jobs daily. This little person and her entourage has torn a fun loving company into a nightmare. We'll always love you Jerry....you know who your great people were and you allowed them to leave or be led out the door! You have to know you broke our hearts!!

To upper management...Each of you should take the lowest producing stores or stores that you feel should be producing more then they do for 6 mths and see how you turn things around.....BUT MAKES SURE YOU DO EVERY SINGLE CHORE REQUIRED EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY!! GOOD LUCK!!

There are newer employer reviews for Brighton Collectibles

Worked for Brighton Collectibles? Contribute to the Community!